playing, etc... over the internet with multiple people.  This appears to be
an awsome thing.  Check it out.

Lee

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
It's at www.groove.net

HTH ... Tim

Quote:
> Lee,
> I was aware this was coming out. What website.
> TIA

> Sent using Virtual Access 5.00 - download your freeware copy now
> http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Sun, 13 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
There's a new set of templates from Capesoft called NetTalk which will
allow you to write this kind of application using Clarion.  There are
some good examples to get you started.

Richard

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:23:18 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
Hi Lee,

I went to the site and looked around.  What I was looking for in particular
was a way for "application development collaboration" to take place just
like is possible with pcANYWHERE.  Or something VERY similar.  Hopefully it
could also be "peer-to-peer" educational in scope with a theme or subject
that sort of "wanders" somewhat.  <g>

Is that possible with it??  I could not tell for sure.

It sounds a lot like Yahoo! Messenger doesn't it??

--
Regards,
Earl

www.kwiksystems.com
Someone must first think of it...
Buy the system, gain the knowledge.

Quote:
> Sorry, this is not Clarion related but should prove to be a great
> collaboration tool for us.
> Just downloaded a cool new tool.  It is called GROOVE and was developed by
> the founder of Lotus Notes.  It is still in "Preview" stage but seems to
be
> a working tool.  Allows file sharing, drawing, chatting, talking, game
> playing, etc... over the internet with multiple people.  This appears to
be
> an awsome thing.  Check it out.

> Lee

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:14:12 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
From what I could tell by playing with it last night it is much more than
something like Yahoo Messenger.  I had some problems playing with it but
that I am sure is due to it being BETA.  What it does is allows you to set
up "Shared Spaces".  These seem to be spaces you define.  You say what is
allowed in that space.  You can place photos, documents, chat, newsgroup
type discussion, drawing, talk, games(checkers, chess, etc...)  You then
invite people to your shared space.  They can then work alone or with you in
that space.  So from what I gathered, you could set up a photo album in your
space and if they are invited they can go view that photo album.  You can
set up multiple spaces.  Say one for personal, and one for work.  Yahoo
Messenger is a messenger that will deliver  news and stock quotes.  This
seems to be much more.  From what I read, GROOVE has been given 60 million
dollars to play with.  Seeing what he did with Lotus Notes I would bet this
will be quite a tool in the near future.  It already has a very nice
interface.

Lee

Quote:
> Hi Lee,

> I went to the site and looked around.  What I was looking for in
particular
> was a way for "application development collaboration" to take place just
> like is possible with pcANYWHERE.  Or something VERY similar.  Hopefully
it
> could also be "peer-to-peer" educational in scope with a theme or subject
> that sort of "wanders" somewhat.  <g>

> Is that possible with it??  I could not tell for sure.

> It sounds a lot like Yahoo! Messenger doesn't it??

> --
> Regards,
> Earl

> www.kwiksystems.com
> Someone must first think of it...
> Buy the system, gain the knowledge.

> > Sorry, this is not Clarion related but should prove to be a great
> > collaboration tool for us.
> > Just downloaded a cool new tool.  It is called GROOVE and was developed
by
> > the founder of Lotus Notes.  It is still in "Preview" stage but seems to
> be
> > a working tool.  Allows file sharing, drawing, chatting, talking, game
> > playing, etc... over the internet with multiple people.  This appears to
> be
> > an awsome thing.  Check it out.

> > Lee

Mon, 14 Apr 2003 23:40:21 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
Hi Lee,

I guess my main question is, can spaces be setup for the cooperative
development of applications by all invited parties at the same (real) time??

Doing so would be good for showing something and or finding out something
"peer-to-peer" by Developers and for Developers in a "show-and-tell"
(peer-to-peer) environment.

Like two people can do now with pcANYWHERE.  With pcANYWHERE only two people
can work together at one time AFAIK.  So would this allow a GROUP of people
to work together developing an app "real time"??

--
Regards,
Earl

www.kwiksystems.com
Someone must first think of it...
Buy the system, gain the knowledge.

Quote:
> From what I could tell by playing with it last night it is much more than
> something like Yahoo Messenger.  I had some problems playing with it but
> that I am sure is due to it being BETA.  What it does is allows you to set
> up "Shared Spaces".  These seem to be spaces you define.  You say what is
> allowed in that space.  You can place photos, documents, chat, newsgroup
> type discussion, drawing, talk, games(checkers, chess, etc...)  You then
> invite people to your shared space.  They can then work alone or with you
in
> that space.  So from what I gathered, you could set up a photo album in
your
> space and if they are invited they can go view that photo album.  You can
> set up multiple spaces.  Say one for personal, and one for work.  Yahoo
> Messenger is a messenger that will deliver  news and stock quotes.  This
> seems to be much more.  From what I read, GROOVE has been given 60 million
> dollars to play with.  Seeing what he did with Lotus Notes I would bet
this
> will be quite a tool in the near future.  It already has a very nice
> interface.

> Lee

> > Hi Lee,

> > I went to the site and looked around.  What I was looking for in
> particular
> > was a way for "application development collaboration" to take place just
> > like is possible with pcANYWHERE.  Or something VERY similar.  Hopefully
> it
> > could also be "peer-to-peer" educational in scope with a theme or
subject
> > that sort of "wanders" somewhat.  <g>

> > Is that possible with it??  I could not tell for sure.

> > It sounds a lot like Yahoo! Messenger doesn't it??

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Earl

> > www.kwiksystems.com
> > Someone must first think of it...
> > Buy the system, gain the knowledge.

> > > Sorry, this is not Clarion related but should prove to be a great
> > > collaboration tool for us.
> > > Just downloaded a cool new tool.  It is called GROOVE and was
developed
> by
> > > the founder of Lotus Notes.  It is still in "Preview" stage but seems
> > be
> > > a working tool.  Allows file sharing, drawing, chatting, talking, game
> > > playing, etc... over the internet with multiple people.  This appears
> > be
> > > an awsome thing.  Check it out.

> > > Lee

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:10:16 GMT
 Cool new peer - to - peer tool
Don't know that

Quote:
> [...]

> > dollars to play with.  Seeing what he did with Lotus Notes I would bet
> this
> > will be quite a tool in the near future.  It already has a very nice
> > interface.

> > Lee

> > > Hi Lee,

> > > I went to the site and looked around.  What I was looking for in
> > particular
> > > was a way for "application development collaboration" to take place
just
> > > like is possible with pcANYWHERE.  Or something VERY similar.
Hopefully
> > it
> > > could also be "peer-to-peer" educational in scope with a theme or
> subject
> > > that sort of "wanders" somewhat.  <g>

> > > Is that possible with it??  I could not tell for sure.

> > > It sounds a lot like Yahoo! Messenger doesn't it??

Tue, 15 Apr 2003 00:56:08 GMT

1. Peer to Peer

2. CPD 2: networking Windows98 peer-to-peer

3. Printing to a particular printer on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks

4. Clipper on Win'98 peer-to-peer Networks

5. Win 95 Peer to Peer Network

6. Win 95 Peer to Peer Network (Summary)

7. Win95 peer-to-peer networks

8. Win2k Peer to Peer and max connections

9. Problem in peer-to-peer network

10. Win9x Peer-to-Peer Printing

11. Problem in Peer-to-Peer environment

12. Windows 98 Peer to Peer