All components of the primary key must be linked - Dictionary Relationship
Author Message
 All components of the primary key must be linked - Dictionary Relationship

Hi Guys,

Has something change in the last update(H) to C55 ABC in relationship to
relating files in the dictionary?  I have two files that I recently decided
to relate that were originally not related.

1. Vendors            VendorKey on fields:
                             Vendor  & Active
2. Quotes              Vendor  on field:
                              Vendor

In the passed, I could have related these two files but now I get an error:
    "All components of the primary key must be linked"
It won't let me use a <no link> on the Active field in the primary file.

I have a number of relationships that presently use the <no link> but if I
above error.  I have to cancel out to keep the old relationship.

Thank,
Charles Patnoi
CPE, Inc.

Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:25:16 GMT

1. Stumped on a many-to-many relationship--Must use Primary Keys

2. no keys showing up on odbc - only primary key

3. Extracting list of keys from 2-key dictionary

4. C4: Relationships in dictionary

5. Help!!! Dictionary Relationship Changes causing app to Crash

6. dictionary relationship bug

7. REALdatabase not null and primary key not working

8. generating primary key value

9. Using STRING for binary primary keys??

10. I need 64 bit for primary key....

11. Primary Keys

12. How do I get the contents of the primary key field