Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Author Message
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!

This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through a
"form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any of
the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big time
urgent..pleaz help.

The people at Topspeed had no clue.

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Timothy,

Quote:
> This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
> dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
> algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through a
> "form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
> found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any of
> the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
> attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
> something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big time
> urgent..pleaz help.

The patch is only rated to work on batch 2110 programs. It MAY work on
batch 2108a but not earlier.

By any chance, are you using the LPM linker with the compression turned on?
If so, the patch won't work either.

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 5.00 build 296 in Win98
CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA
JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!

The app is a 2110.

The only note given on the patch instructions were to the Causeway linker of
which I was told if it was used, I would receive a diff message than what I
am getting.

I have no idea what linker was used...have no source code and don't even
have the developer.

Quote:
> The patch is only rated to work on batch 2110 programs. It MAY work on
> batch 2108a but not earlier.

> By any chance, are you using the LPM linker with the compression turned
on?
> If so, the patch won't work either.

> -- Craig (The Data Ferret)
> Using Virtual Access 5.00 build 296 in Win98
> CPD 2.1 / CDD 3.x / C5EE&IC
> CPCS CCS CLACom WinEvent CWA
> JANUS/Ada 83 95 CLAW
> "Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS...."

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Where is this patch??? I guess I'm blind but I could not find it on TopSpeed
anywhere.

Mick

Quote:
> This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
> dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
> algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through a
> "form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
> found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any of
> the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
> attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
> something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big time
> urgent..pleaz help.

> The people at Topspeed had no clue.

Sat, 08 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Get a hold of PKLITE.EXE from Phil Katz.  It has an option -x   I
think, that will uncompress the exe.  Save a backup copy ofcourse.
Anyway, uncompress the exe then use the y2kpatch program.
http://www.pkware.com/

Doug Hill
Zig Ziglar is going MLM in February.  Email me to find out more.

Quote:
>Where is this patch??? I guess I'm blind but I could not find it on TopSpeed
>anywhere.

>Mick

>> This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
>> dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
>> algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through a
>> "form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
>> found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any of
>> the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
>> attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
>> something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big time
>> urgent..pleaz help.

>> The people at Topspeed had no clue.

------------------------
Doug Hill

"If you share a good idea long enough, it will
eventually fall on good people."

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Thanks, but what I was refering to was the patchy2k.exe? I looked for it on
TopSpeed's site and could not find it.

Mick

Quote:

> Get a hold of PKLITE.EXE from Phil Katz.  It has an option -x   I
> think, that will uncompress the exe.  Save a backup copy ofcourse.
> Anyway, uncompress the exe then use the y2kpatch program.
> http://www.pkware.com/

> Doug Hill
> Zig Ziglar is going MLM in February.  Email me to find out more.

> >Where is this patch??? I guess I'm blind but I could not find it on
TopSpeed
> >anywhere.

> >Mick

> >> This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
> >> dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
> >> algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through
> >> "form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
> >> found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any
of
> >> the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
> >> attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
> >> something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big
time
> >> urgent..pleaz help.

> >> The people at Topspeed had no clue.

> ------------------------
> Doug Hill

> "If you share a good idea long enough, it will
> eventually fall on good people."

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
Sorry, da, right on the main web page!

Mick

Quote:
> Thanks, but what I was refering to was the patchy2k.exe? I looked for it
on
> TopSpeed's site and could not find it.

> Mick

Quote:
> > Get a hold of PKLITE.EXE from Phil Katz.  It has an option -x   I
> > think, that will uncompress the exe.  Save a backup copy ofcourse.
> > Anyway, uncompress the exe then use the y2kpatch program.
> > http://www.pkware.com/

> > Doug Hill
> > Zig Ziglar is going MLM in February.  Email me to find out more.

> > >Where is this patch??? I guess I'm blind but I could not find it on
> TopSpeed
> > >anywhere.

> > >Mick

> of
> time

> > ------------------------
> > Doug Hill

> > "If you share a good idea long enough, it will
> > eventually fall on good people."

Sun, 09 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion 2.1 Y2K Issue patchy2k.exe no work!!
I originally got similar error messages but I persisted to run the patch
and it did run sucessfully in the end. Are your exe's compiled with Clarion
2.1? Have you tried it on a different version of DOS?
Hope this helps.

Kerry McNally
Ablesoft

Quote:

>This company has a clarion app with 4 execs...The dat files support y2k
>dates and so does the screen display (using that Clarion date
>algorithm)...however, when a new date like 01/01/00 is entered through a
>"form", Clarion assumes it to be a 1900 date.  The patchy2k.exe program
>found on Topspeed's website suppose to fix this, but it can't find any of
>the 5 routines that it can patch.  The messages for each of the 5 patch
>attempts say "Patch #? not found in program..may not be applicable" or
>something on that order.  Anyone else had this problem? This is big time
>urgent..pleaz help.

>The people at Topspeed had no clue.

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. y2k.exe for cpd 2.1 Who Had It?

2. Y2K.EXE FOR DOS 2.1 APPLICATION

3. clarion 2.1 key files not working with clarion 4

4. Clarion 2.1 Dates Y2K

5. Clarion 2.1 Y2K Date Problems

6. Clarion 2.1 Y2K patch

7. CCVT.EXE For Clarion 2.1

8. Patchy2k and LPM for Clarion

9. Conversione programma da clarion 2.1 a Clarion 5

10. Converting from DOS Clarion 2.1 to Clarion for Win - Questions

11. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS

12. CPD FOR DOS 2.1 Y2K PROB HELP!!!!!