Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function
Author Message
 Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function

I don't know if this will help but have a look at PROP:MessageHook or
Prop:LibHook.  It will allow the Message function to be overridden with your
own message function provided that they are prototyped the same.

...Regards ...Paul P.

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I'm using C4, legacy templates & PD translator.

>I want to replace the standard message function.
>Therefore I edit the Builtins.clw :

>MESSAGE(STRING,<STRING>,<STRING>,<STRING>,UNSIGNED=0,BOOL=FALSE),UNSIGNED,P
>OC

>OLDMESSAGE(STRING,<STRING>,<STRING>,<STRING>,UNSIGNED=0,BOOL=FALSE),UNSIGNE
>,PROC,NAME('Cla$MessageBox')

>With OLDMESSAGE being the original message function.

>Then I created a file MESSAG.CLW that looks as follows :

> MEMBER('Messag.clw')
>Message FUNCTION(msg,header,icon,buttons,defaultbutton,mode)
> CODE
> IF OMITTED(2)

RETURN(OldMessage(Translatestring(msg),,icon,buttons,defaultbutton,mode))

> ELSE

>RETURN(OldMessage(Translatestring(msg),Translatestring(Header),icon,buttons
,
>defaultbutton,mode))
> END

>In the application I clicked on project, and added the source file
>'messag.clw'

>The compiler gives me errors on the 'message function ...' line, saying
>'there is no matching prototype available'

>How can I solve this ? Main purpose is to replace an existing clarion
>function so the text can be translated as we have 3 official languages in
>Belgium and customers want to see their program in their own language...

>Thanks for helping.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Replace standard MESSAGE function in C4 with own message function
I don't know if this will help but have a look at PROP:MessageHook or
Prop:LibHook.  It will allow the Message function to be overridden with your
own message function provided that they are prototyped the same.

...Regards ...Paul P.

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I'm using C4, legacy templates & PD translator.

>I want to replace the standard message function.
>Therefore I edit the Builtins.clw :

>MESSAGE(STRING,<STRING>,<STRING>,<STRING>,UNSIGNED=0,BOOL=FALSE),UNSIGNED,P
>OC

>OLDMESSAGE(STRING,<STRING>,<STRING>,<STRING>,UNSIGNED=0,BOOL=FALSE),UNSIGNE
>,PROC,NAME('Cla$MessageBox')

>With OLDMESSAGE being the original message function.

>Then I created a file MESSAG.CLW that looks as follows :

> MEMBER('Messag.clw')
>Message FUNCTION(msg,header,icon,buttons,defaultbutton,mode)
> CODE
> IF OMITTED(2)

RETURN(OldMessage(Translatestring(msg),,icon,buttons,defaultbutton,mode))

> ELSE

>RETURN(OldMessage(Translatestring(msg),Translatestring(Header),icon,buttons
,
>defaultbutton,mode))
> END

>In the application I clicked on project, and added the source file
>'messag.clw'

>The compiler gives me errors on the 'message function ...' line, saying
>'there is no matching prototype available'

>How can I solve this ? Main purpose is to replace an existing clarion
>function so the text can be translated as we have 3 official languages in
>Belgium and customers want to see their program in their own language...

>Thanks for helping.

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. message == virtual functions ?

2. Message sends and function calls--terminology

3. Bold text in MESSAGE( ) function

4. Message sends and function calls--terminology

5. CA-Tools window functions and Lantastic messages

6. Message Function

7. Undefined Function Error Message

8. Message sends and function calls--terminology

9. Message sends and function calls--terminology

10. Message sends and function calls--terminology

11. message passing vs. generic functions

12. Update to message on strings of variable length using a function which expands to 25 char