Printing Report To Variable DOS Filenames
Author Message
 Printing Report To Variable DOS Filenames

As a thought... Try creating a process to add your lines manually to a
file? example:

PrntFile    file,driver('ASCII'),name(PrntName),create,pre(rpt)
record      record
Text           string(132)
            . .
ITEM        byte        !Flag set to true if an item was found.
code

   set(AcctFile, K_Acct )
   loop
      next(AcctFile)
      if errorcode() then break.

      create( PrntFile )
      if errorcode() then do something.
      open(PrntFile)
      if Errorcode() then do something.
      rpt:Text = 'Printer Control String'; add(PrntFile)
      rpt:Text = 'FirstLine of Header ' & acct:AcctNo; add(PrntFile)
      rpt:Text = 'SecondLine of Header<13,13,13>'; add(PrntFile)
      loop
         do Get_Item      !Some code to look up the line items.
         if not Item then break.  !Flag set if an item was found
         do Print_Item    !Code to format a line item and add it to
                          !the PrntFile
      END !Loop
   END !Loop

I know, not the greatest but it works..

HTH!

Side note, I wrote a little process like this in about fif{*filter*} minutes
for a '{*filter*}' report. Took longer to format the thing in the report
formatter! Then again, I am a touch typist, sooooo... :-)

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing Report To Variable DOS Filenames

SET THE FILE NAME TO A COMBINATION OF Clock() and Today()

Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to Specify Variable FileName(!FileName)In Report

2. DOS 8.3 filenames (how to remove long filenames header)

3. Using variable filename(!FILENAME)

4. personal developer 2.0 dos, How do I print a report in triplicate

5. Printing Report Writer report to a file?

6. Crystal Reports New Print Job Within a Print Job

7. Printing a report and using the print dialog for it

8. printing with print report.vi

9. Pre-setting Print jobAttributes (printing a ReportWriter report)

10. Clarion 2.1 for DOS and printing in a WIN95 DOS window

11. Printing from clipper applications under Win XP DOS prints control codes

12. Printing filename