Network problem - URGENT help needed
Author Message
 Network problem - URGENT help needed

Hi everybody,

I need your advice on something. I did a network today like this:

Novell server <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> SWITCH -> 100 Mb UTP cable <->
HUB <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> workstations

All lines work ok which HUB and SWITCH show on their displays but I
don't see server. I think that this stupid server is problem, to be more
precise Novell because of IPX/SPX protocol. All of my workstations use
Windows 95 OSR2 and I installed network cards without any problem with
IPX/SPX, NETBEUI protocol. TCP/IP would be great but Novel does not use
it (I think so)

Can You help me with some advice. I must manage to make it work till
Monday.

Alex

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
What version of Netware ???

Netware supports TCPIP but needs to be configured - TCPIP is DEFAULT if you
use NetWare 5.

Have you installed the Netware Client - if not Just install Novell
Client32....

Warning - DON'T USE MICROSOFT's CLIENT FOR NETWARE !!!!!

Quote:

> Hi everybody,

> I need your advice on something. I did a network today like this:

> Novell server <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> SWITCH -> 100 Mb UTP cable <->
> HUB <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> workstations

> All lines work ok which HUB and SWITCH show on their displays but I
> don't see server. I think that this stupid server is problem, to be more
> precise Novell because of IPX/SPX protocol. All of my workstations use
> Windows 95 OSR2 and I installed network cards without any problem with
> IPX/SPX, NETBEUI protocol. TCP/IP would be great but Novel does not use
> it (I think so)

> Can You help me with some advice. I must manage to make it work till
> Monday.

> Alex

Tue, 11 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
Alexandar,

Can the server see the workstations? If so it could be the network card.

Steffen

Quote:
> Hi everybody,

> I need your advice on something. I did a network today like this:

> Novell server <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> SWITCH -> 100 Mb UTP cable <->
> HUB <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> workstations

> All lines work ok which HUB and SWITCH show on their displays but I
> don't see server. I think that this stupid server is problem, to be more
> precise Novell because of IPX/SPX protocol. All of my workstations use
> Windows 95 OSR2 and I installed network cards without any problem with
> IPX/SPX, NETBEUI protocol. TCP/IP would be great but Novel does not use
> it (I think so)

> Can You help me with some advice. I must manage to make it work till
> Monday.

> Alex

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:48:59 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
Version 3.12.

I use Microsoft client for netware. Do You think that this could be a problem.

Best regards,
Alex

Quote:

> What version of Netware ???

> Netware supports TCPIP but needs to be configured - TCPIP is DEFAULT if you
> use NetWare 5.

> Have you installed the Netware Client - if not Just install Novell
> Client32....

> Warning - DON'T USE MICROSOFT's CLIENT FOR NETWARE !!!!!

> > Hi everybody,

> > I need your advice on something. I did a network today like this:

> > Novell server <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> SWITCH -> 100 Mb UTP cable <->
> > HUB <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> workstations

> > All lines work ok which HUB and SWITCH show on their displays but I
> > don't see server. I think that this stupid server is problem, to be more
> > precise Novell because of IPX/SPX protocol. All of my workstations use
> > Windows 95 OSR2 and I installed network cards without any problem with
> > IPX/SPX, NETBEUI protocol. TCP/IP would be great but Novel does not use
> > it (I think so)

> > Can You help me with some advice. I must manage to make it work till
> > Monday.

> > Alex

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
Alexandar,

Yes, yes, yes.  If you are using Netware, do NOT use the MS client for
Netware.  DL and install the Novell Client32 and you'll have far fewer
headaches.  Been there, done that!

Also be sure that the Switch is configured to pass the IPX/SPX packets
through or you'll never see the server on the other side of the switch.

Al

Quote:

> Version 3.12.

> I use Microsoft client for netware. Do You think that this could be a problem.

> Best regards,
> Alex

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
I agree with this one. Never use any MS NetWare Client software. Only use the
NetWare ones.
Quote:

> Version 3.12.

> I use Microsoft client for netware. Do You think that this could be a problem.

> Best regards,
> Alex

> > What version of Netware ???

> > Netware supports TCPIP but needs to be configured - TCPIP is DEFAULT if you
> > use NetWare 5.

> > Have you installed the Netware Client - if not Just install Novell
> > Client32....

> > Warning - DON'T USE MICROSOFT's CLIENT FOR NETWARE !!!!!

> > > Hi everybody,

> > > I need your advice on something. I did a network today like this:

> > > Novell server <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> SWITCH -> 100 Mb UTP cable <->
> > > HUB <-> 100 Mb UTP cable <-> workstations

> > > All lines work ok which HUB and SWITCH show on their displays but I
> > > don't see server. I think that this stupid server is problem, to be more
> > > precise Novell because of IPX/SPX protocol. All of my workstations use
> > > Windows 95 OSR2 and I installed network cards without any problem with
> > > IPX/SPX, NETBEUI protocol. TCP/IP would be great but Novel does not use
> > > it (I think so)

> > > Can You help me with some advice. I must manage to make it work till
> > > Monday.

> > > Alex

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Network problem - URGENT help needed
Mission completed. Thanks to all of You guys and little bit of me :))

The problem was in MS client, combined with 4 bad network cards, setting for frame
that must be Ethernet_802.2 and a little bit of wiring (only 60 meters of cable
:)))) )

Best regards,
Alex

Quote:

> Alexandar,

> Yes, yes, yes.  If you are using Netware, do NOT use the MS client for
> Netware.  DL and install the Novell Client32 and you'll have far fewer
> headaches.  Been there, done that!

> Also be sure that the Switch is configured to pass the IPX/SPX packets
> through or you'll never see the server on the other side of the switch.

> Al

> > Version 3.12.

> > I use Microsoft client for netware. Do You think that this could be a problem.

> > Best regards,
> > Alex

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. URGENT-help needed-URGENT

2. INDEXING PROBLEM - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

3. Need urgent help with index/hang problem

4. Urgent help needed on VX-Rexx Problem

5. Problem with CP 2.1.1 in Windows NT : URGENT HELP NEEDED

6. URGENT help needed resolving Package problem with Oratcl 3.0.2

7. URGENT PROBLEM with CLIPPER and LANTASTIC networks

8. URGENT PROBLEM with CLIPPER and LANTASTIC networks

9. Urgent Help with Networking!

10. Urgent Urgent I am stuck with this problem

11. URGENT: Need help with AND binary operation in awk

12. urgent! need help with database bindings