Moving From TopSpeed to SQL
Author Message
 Moving From TopSpeed to SQL

I'm in the process of learning how to develop
Clarion 5 apps that use an SQL server for the
database rather than a multi-user TopSpeed database.
I have a older machine running MySQL networked to
my software development workstation so I can test
the client-server apps I'll be making.  The workstation
has the ODBC drivers for MySQL installed.

Could anyone tell me what to put into the Owner Name
and Full Pathname fields for my files in the Clarion
Data Dictionary to connect to that MySQL server?  I
tried putting the Data Source, User Name, Password in
the Owner Name field and the Database Name in the Full
Pathname field, but I got a error message when I clicked
on the Browse in the Dictionary Editor.  Something about
the database was corrupt.  Are those the correct fields
for connecting to a MySQL server?  Thanks for any information
you can give me.

David Owens

Fri, 30 May 2003 23:52:01 GMT

1. Moving to client/server SQL?

2. Topspeed vs SQL ease of use

3. Moving from TPS to SQL

4. Clarion 4 DOS - Looking for Topspeed DOS API for Pervasive SQL

5. Convert Existing Program (Topspeed Driver) to MS SQL Drivers

6. Topspeed to SQL Transition

7. Topspeed SQL Analyser

8. Pervasive SQL vs. Topspeed

9. TopSpeed ODBC SQL Command Set and Syntax

10. TopSpeed ODBC What SQL statments are supported

11. Accessing TopSpeed format w/SQL

12. WHICH FILE DRIVER: Topspeed, Clarion, Btrieve, SQL ?