"Too many open files" ith WinXP
Author Message
 "Too many open files" ith WinXP

I have a customer that uses an old Clarion 2.1 software on WinXP and is
getting TOO MANY OPEN FILES.  I have never had this happen with WinXP before
and don't know what to change to fix it.  Under Win98 I could use PerVMFiles
in the SYSTEM.INI, but this had no effect on WinXP.  Any ideas?  Thanks

--
Jason

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:09:58 GMT
 "Too many open files" ith WinXP
There's an NT config file in one of the system directories, change the FILES
entry.

--

Steve Parker

kb and download center at:
     www.par2.com
KB: http://www.par2.com/cws/c5launch.dll/FAQS/THEFAQS.exe.0

"The improbable, we do. The impossible takes a bit longer."

Quote:
> I have a customer that uses an old Clarion 2.1 software on WinXP and is
> getting TOO MANY OPEN FILES.  I have never had this happen with WinXP
before
> and don't know what to change to fix it.  Under Win98 I could use
PerVMFiles
> in the SYSTEM.INI, but this had no effect on WinXP.  Any ideas?  Thanks

> --
> Jason

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:39:03 GMT
 "Too many open files" ith WinXP
Jason,

Quote:
> getting TOO MANY OPEN FILES.  I have never had this happen with WinXP
before
> and don't know what to change to fix it.  Under Win98 I could use
PerVMFiles
> in the SYSTEM.INI, but this had no effect on WinXP.  Any ideas?  Thanks

See C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT

HTH

--
Carlos Gutirrez

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 02:43:01 GMT
 "Too many open files" ith WinXP
Got it.  Found the file, made the change, works great.  Thanks for the help.

Quote:
> I have a customer that uses an old Clarion 2.1 software on WinXP and is
> getting TOO MANY OPEN FILES.  I have never had this happen with WinXP
before
> and don't know what to change to fix it.  Under Win98 I could use
PerVMFiles
> in the SYSTEM.INI, but this had no effect on WinXP.  Any ideas?  Thanks

> --
> Jason

Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:37:55 GMT

1. Open File As "Read Only"

2. Strange "file not open" error

3. Slow "recording" on winXP Command

4. Please help for "File open problem"

5. Closing open NUL "file"?

6. debugging "Too many open files"

7. How to open files ending with ";"

8. Refresh on "update" under WinXP

9. tcl/expect "too many open file"?

10. couldn't open "evaluation.data": no such file or directory

11. Looking for "Open File" widget

12. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")