C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL
Author Message
 C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL

Hi
RE : C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL

I would also like to put my hand up, Any chance  of a patch/upgrade?

Developing in C5EE Gold
Platform NT4/W2k
Large Dictionary (38+files, 15-30fields/table)
MSQL driver
ABC templates
(nothing fancy)

Have developed an application, its was stable...

1 - On adding additional browse module and regenerating C5EE  GPF's
        have tried reto to C5ee beta2
        have reinstalled gold (clean several times)
        have retro's system from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 6.5 (both server and local no improvement)
        have even tried converthing app to non ABC template - GPF's even quicker...
        Believe problem is with large dictionary...

2 - DM  is not  coverting date format to  datestring for MSSQL driver.
        - Using DM Profile will not substitute field type DATE(INT) to DATESTRING.
        - have to manually change conversion script with text editor

Thanks
David Hester
Pindan Software Pty Ltd

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:24:59 GMT
 C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL
David,
No development work is being performed on Clarion 5.  Release 5b is the most
recent.  38 tables is not a large dictionary even considering your column
count.  The naming of the column can cause problems if you use really long
labels.  But for the most part I think you have other contributors to this
problem.  Email me the DCT and I'll look into it.

--
bob brooker
SoftVelocity

> Hi
> RE : C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL

> I would also like to put my hand up, Any chance  of a patch/upgrade?

> Developing in C5EE Gold
> Platform NT4/W2k
> Large Dictionary (38+files, 15-30fields/table)
> MSQL driver
> ABC templates
> (nothing fancy)

> Have developed an application, its was stable...

> 1 - On adding additional browse module and regenerating C5EE  GPF's
> have tried reto to C5ee beta2
> have reinstalled gold (clean several times)
> have retro's system from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 6.5 (both server and local no
improvement)
> have even tried converthing app to non ABC template - GPF's even
quicker...
> Believe problem is with large dictionary...

> 2 - DM  is not  coverting date format to  datestring for MSSQL driver.
> - Using DM Profile will not substitute field type DATE(INT) to DATESTRING.
> - have to manually change conversion script with text editor

> Thanks
> David Hester
> Pindan Software Pty Ltd

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:45:17 GMT
 C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL
I used Clarion 5b earlier with 175 tables without any problems.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> David,
> No development work is being performed on Clarion 5.  Release 5b is the
most
> recent.  38 tables is not a large dictionary even considering your column
> count.  The naming of the column can cause problems if you use really long
> labels.  But for the most part I think you have other contributors to this
> problem.  Email me the DCT and I'll look into it.

> --
> bob brooker
> SoftVelocity
> --

> > Hi
> > RE : C5EE GOLD -W2K- GPF'ing with Large Dict - MSQL

> > I would also like to put my hand up, Any chance  of a patch/upgrade?

> > Developing in C5EE Gold
> > Platform NT4/W2k
> > Large Dictionary (38+files, 15-30fields/table)
> > MSQL driver
> > ABC templates
> > (nothing fancy)

> > Have developed an application, its was stable...

> > 1 - On adding additional browse module and regenerating C5EE  GPF's
> > have tried reto to C5ee beta2
> > have reinstalled gold (clean several times)
> > have retro's system from MSSQL7 to MSSQL 6.5 (both server and local no
> improvement)
> > have even tried converthing app to non ABC template - GPF's even
> quicker...
> > Believe problem is with large dictionary...

> > 2 - DM  is not  coverting date format to  datestring for MSSQL driver.
> > - Using DM Profile will not substitute field type DATE(INT) to
DATESTRING.
> > - have to manually change conversion script with text editor

> > Thanks
> > David Hester
> > Pindan Software Pty Ltd

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:53:01 GMT

1. C5EE GOLD - GPF'ing should read C55EE Gold

2. 'with'ing and 'use'ing

3. un-'upvar'ing/un-'global'ing variables

4. Why GPF'ing in CW20?

5. FTP'ing and FAX'ing from within C4b

6. Expect'ing large amounts of output, versus performance measuring

7. Problem source'ing really large files

8. Dict can't update with dict-like objects

9. Report problem in C5EE Gold

10. GPF GPF GPF GPF in 32bit C4b Application

11. GPF in clarion 4b-gold

12. Fixed: W2K GPF at any mouse movements