Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!
Author Message
 Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!

Hi all!

I have the app developed in CW2003, 32 bit, TPS format. It worked well
until few days ago. My machine for developing is Windows 95 (PII/266,
64 MB RAM)and at my site everything is OK. But, my client has Windows
98 (Pentium, 32 MB RAM) and at some point in the app (call lookup
button) the app freezes.
It drives me crazy. What to do?
I transfered datafiles to my PC and everything is OK. TPSFIX found no
errors in datafiles.

Any suggestions. Please, I'm desperate.

Thanks,
        Miroslav

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!
Miroslav,

Is it on a network? If so, get the latest Windows98 network driver from the
NIC manufacturer.  Windows95 drivers on a 98 machine will cause problems
just like you have.

HTH, Wayne Price

Quote:

>Hi all!

>I have the app developed in CW2003, 32 bit, TPS format. It worked well
>until few days ago. My machine for developing is Windows 95 (PII/266,
>64 MB RAM)and at my site everything is OK. But, my client has Windows
>98 (Pentium, 32 MB RAM) and at some point in the app (call lookup
>button) the app freezes.
>It drives me crazy. What to do?
>I transfered datafiles to my PC and everything is OK. TPSFIX found no
>errors in datafiles.

>Any suggestions. Please, I'm desperate.

>Thanks,
> Miroslav

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!
Hi Mirosalav,

Shot in the dark, but it can't hurt to disable as much of the power
saving stuff on win 98 as you can find.

Regards,
Steve

Quote:

>Hi all!

>I have the app developed in CW2003, 32 bit, TPS format. It worked well
>until few days ago. My machine for developing is Windows 95 (PII/266,
>64 MB RAM)and at my site everything is OK. But, my client has Windows
>98 (Pentium, 32 MB RAM) and at some point in the app (call lookup
>button) the app freezes.
>It drives me crazy. What to do?
>I transfered datafiles to my PC and everything is OK. TPSFIX found no
>errors in datafiles.

>Any suggestions. Please, I'm desperate.

>Thanks,
>    Miroslav

Legal Labs, Inc.

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!
Just another shot, is the write behind cache disabled? Can
cause fits on a network.

Mick

Quote:
>Hi all!

>I have the app developed in CW2003, 32 bit, TPS format. It
worked well
>until few days ago. My machine for developing is Windows 95
(PII/266,
>64 MB RAM)and at my site everything is OK. But, my client has
Windows
>98 (Pentium, 32 MB RAM) and at some point in the app (call
lookup
>button) the app freezes.
>It drives me crazy. What to do?
>I transfered datafiles to my PC and everything is OK. TPSFIX
found no
>errors in datafiles.

>Any suggestions. Please, I'm desperate.

>Thanks,
> Miroslav

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows 98 and CW2003 app - problem!!
You can try this :
edit system.ini and type in this

[386Enh]
PerVMFiles=200
--
Regards,
Tore Johannessen

http://www.mt-data.com/
Cw4b and: FileManager-SecWin-AllerupTemplates-PathManager-G_Reg-EzHelp

>Hi all!

>I have the app developed in CW2003, 32 bit, TPS format. It worked well
>until few days ago. My machine for developing is Windows 95 (PII/266,
>64 MB RAM)and at my site everything is OK. But, my client has Windows
>98 (Pentium, 32 MB RAM) and at some point in the app (call lookup
>button) the app freezes.
>It drives me crazy. What to do?
>I transfered datafiles to my PC and everything is OK. TPSFIX found no
>errors in datafiles.

>Any suggestions. Please, I'm desperate.

>Thanks,
> Miroslav

Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion 5 app, windows 98 and windows XP

2. clarion for dos apps & windows 98

3. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

4. Clipper App causes other applications to run very slowly in Windows NT and 98

5. DOS App on Windows 98

6. was Re: 4.01Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

7. 4.01 - Graphics Problem with Windows 98 but not NT or 2000

8. Digitalk smalltalk v1.1 problem running under windows 98

9. Windows 98 printing problem

10. Windows 98 printing problem

11. Problems with Windows 98.

12. Windows'98 Lock problem