File Manager 2 Question Again
Author Message
 File Manager 2 Question Again

Hello to any FM2 users:

I didn't get much of a response from capesoft.com so I will again turn to my
friends on the newsgroup.  I have been at this for 2 days since I purchased
FM2 from Topspeed but I am having a major problem.  If it something I'm
doing wrong I fully admit my ignorance but I need some more help.  To those
that have tried to help this is what I have discovered.  After registering
FM2 I have found that under the Class fm2 - File Manager 2 there is
Procedures, Control Templates, Code Templates, Extension Templates and
Groups.  NO UTILITIES.  The Utilites line should read SupportABC - Complete
FM2 installation for ABC.  Is this missing on my 3.5" floppy that Topspeed
sent me or is there something I'm suppose to do to initiate this.  This is
obviously why I am not seeing it in the Template Utilities.  Any help will
very much appreciated.

Tony

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Manager 2 Question Again

Quote:
> Hello to any FM2 users:

> I didn't get much of a response from capesoft.com so I will again turn to my
> friends on the newsgroup.  I have been at this for 2 days since I purchased
> FM2 from Topspeed but I am having a major problem.  If it something I'm
> doing wrong I fully admit my ignorance but I need some more help.  To those
> that have tried to help this is what I have discovered.  After registering
> FM2 I have found that under the Class fm2 - File Manager 2 there is
> Procedures, Control Templates, Code Templates, Extension Templates and
> Groups.  NO UTILITIES.

Tony, You're searching in the template register. It's not there.

Highlight the following

SupportABC - Complete FM2 installation for ABC

Click on Select

--
From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application, Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Manager 2 Question Again
David:

Thanks for your response but I already know that.  When I go to the template

my problem and I received an e-mail reply with an attachment of how the
template registry should look after registering FM2 and it displays a
utilities line with the Support ABC in it.  Mine doesn't.  Do you think that
Topspeed sent me a bum disk?  I am really frustrated at the moment as I
can't make any dictionary changes in my program without losing my data.  I'm
feeling burned.  Thanks again David,

Tony

Quote:

>> Hello to any FM2 users:

>> I didn't get much of a response from capesoft.com so I will again turn to
my
>> friends on the newsgroup.  I have been at this for 2 days since I
purchased
>> FM2 from Topspeed but I am having a major problem.  If it something I'm
>> doing wrong I fully admit my ignorance but I need some more help.  To
those
>> that have tried to help this is what I have discovered.  After
registering
>> FM2 I have found that under the Class fm2 - File Manager 2 there is
>> Procedures, Control Templates, Code Templates, Extension Templates and
>> Groups.  NO UTILITIES.

>Tony, You're searching in the template register. It's not there.

>Highlight the following

>SupportABC - Complete FM2 installation for ABC

>Click on Select

>--
>From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

>Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
>Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application, Newsgroup -

Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines

>http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Manager 2 Question Again

Quote:
> Thanks for your response but I already know that.  When I go to the template

> my problem and I received an e-mail reply with an attachment of how the
> template registry should look after registering FM2 and it displays a
> utilities line with the Support ABC in it.  Mine doesn't.  Do you think that
> Topspeed sent me a bum disk?  I am really frustrated at the moment as I
> can't make any dictionary changes in my program without losing my data.  I'm
> feeling burned.  Thanks again David,

Sounds like you have an old legacy only version.

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Manager 2 Question Again

Quote:
> David:

> Thanks for your response but I already know that.  When I go to the template

> my problem and I received an e-mail reply with an attachment of how the
> template registry should look after registering FM2 and it displays a
> utilities line with the Support ABC in it.  Mine doesn't.  Do you think that
> Topspeed sent me a bum disk?

Tony, Sorry about that! <g>

What version did TopSpeed send you? I would download the latest version
(File Manager 2 2.8, Registered 1.7 MB)
http://www.capesoft.com/ftp/public/fm2reg5.zip
from the CapeSoft Internet site,
regardless of what TopSpeed sent you and get the password from CapeSoft.

Be sure to unregister the template and re-register the template after
installing the file downloaded from Capesoft

And buying from TopSpeed in general can be handy because they have toll
free lines in US (especially when the Third Party does not have secure
ordering over Internet), but always go to the third party internet site
and download the lastest files.

Dave
--
From Encourager Software - Dave Troxell,

Author of Product Scope 32 Bookmarks -
Profile Exchanges - Clarion Third Party, Clarion Application,
Newsgroup - Email, HTML, PRO Music USB, and Search Engines
http://www.encouragersoftware.com/

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 File Manager 2 Question Again
Hi Tony

Re-read my first reply. You must load an app, then, under 'Application' on your
Clarion Menu you will find Template Utility. Click on this and look down the
tree.

I think you are looking in the wrong place.

HTH

Quote:

--
Eric Churton (Simplified Software)
Quote:
>From DURBAN, South Africa, where THE FUN NEVER SETS

http://www.vertigo.co.za/simplesoft/

Mon, 11 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. file manager 2 again (sorry!)

2. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

3. Scheme vs ML again and again and again and again

4. File Conversion with File Manager on Huge files

5. File Manager 2 Question

6. Another File Manager 2 Question?

7. Locus File Manager Question

8. All in EXE file AGAIN AGAIN

9. Again (serious) oddity with virtual desktop manager

10. File Types question (again)

11. Use File manager to REBUILD files

12. File Manager 2 released (Automatic File Upgrading (inc TPS))