Help : CW Analog Clock type app
Author Message
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app

Hi All,
I need to write an app that is very similar to an analog Clock with the
second hand ticking around..

I have searched the news groups and icetips for a CW Clock example - no
luck.

Has anyone ever written an analog clock, updating the second hand,  in
CW55 (Legacy)?

Would appreciate a snippet of code that demonstrates how the second hand
is moved around the dial face.
Have experimented with the LINE command, but can not get the hang of
 matching 360 degrees to parameters of the Line command.

Thanks for your time

Corrie de Bruin
Johannesburg
South Africa
email  :

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:08:43 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app

Corrie,
For precise control you will need to set PROP:Pixels to True.
Look at the COS and SIN Clarion functions that you more likely need to use.
You will also find there an example of   'PI
EQUATE(3.1415926535898) '
which you probably need.
When the hands move their length will need to be adjusted based on a
formula.
If you are not good in mathematics it can be pretty though:)
Good luck,
Marius Luidens

Quote:

> Hi All,
> I need to write an app that is very similar to an analog Clock with
> the second hand ticking around..

> I have searched the news groups and icetips for a CW Clock example -
> no luck.

> Has anyone ever written an analog clock, updating the second hand,  in
> CW55 (Legacy)?

> Would appreciate a snippet of code that demonstrates how the second
> hand is moved around the dial face.
> Have experimented with the LINE command, but can not get the hang of
> matching 360 degrees to parameters of the Line command.

> Thanks for your time

> Corrie de Bruin
> Johannesburg
> South Africa
> email  :

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:40:52 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
See the Clarion PIE statement.

Quote:

--
 Randy Goodhew
 ---[ eq ]---

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:52:50 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
Hi

I sent you a demo. See if that is what you want

Regards

Ben

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I need to write an app that is very similar to an analog Clock with the
> second hand ticking around..

> I have searched the news groups and icetips for a CW Clock example - no
> luck.

> Has anyone ever written an analog clock, updating the second hand,  in
> CW55 (Legacy)?

> Would appreciate a snippet of code that demonstrates how the second hand
> is moved around the dial face.
> Have experimented with the LINE command, but can not get the hang of
>  matching 360 degrees to parameters of the Line command.

> Thanks for your time

> Corrie de Bruin
> Johannesburg
> South Africa
> email  :

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:52:05 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
HI Riebens!

Can you share it with rest of the community and post it over here too :-)

Rgds,
Ville

Quote:

> Hi

> I sent you a demo. See if that is what you want

> Regards

> Ben

> > Hi All,
> > I need to write an app that is very similar to an analog Clock with the
> > second hand ticking around..

> > I have searched the news groups and icetips for a CW Clock example - no
> > luck.

> > Has anyone ever written an analog clock, updating the second hand,  in
> > CW55 (Legacy)?

> > Would appreciate a snippet of code that demonstrates how the second hand
> > is moved around the dial face.
> > Have experimented with the LINE command, but can not get the hang of
> >  matching 360 degrees to parameters of the Line command.

> > Thanks for your time

> > Corrie de Bruin
> > Johannesburg
> > South Africa
> > email  :

Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:00:31 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
Hi

A demo of a clock with Clarion can be seen at www.riebens.co.za Follow the
link for Clarion Demos / Clock.

Regards

Ben

Quote:
> HI Riebens!

> Can you share it with rest of the community and post it over here too :-)

> Rgds,
> Ville

Quote:
> > Hi

> > I sent you a demo. See if that is what you want

> > Regards

> > Ben

> > > Hi All,
> > > I need to write an app that is very similar to an analog Clock with
the
> > > second hand ticking around..

> > > I have searched the news groups and icetips for a CW Clock example -
no
> > > luck.

> > > Has anyone ever written an analog clock, updating the second hand,  in
> > > CW55 (Legacy)?

> > > Would appreciate a snippet of code that demonstrates how the second
hand
> > > is moved around the dial face.
> > > Have experimented with the LINE command, but can not get the hang of
> > >  matching 360 degrees to parameters of the Line command.

> > > Thanks for your time

> > > Corrie de Bruin
> > > Johannesburg
> > > South Africa
> > > email  :

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:32:43 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the demo clock. That is exactly what I need......but......
Would you be open to sending the source (or app) ?
I am interested in your code that handles the second hand using the LINE
command.

Many thanks for your time

Regards

Corrie de Bruin
Johannesburg
South Africa
email  :

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:58:29 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
See the link. The source is there.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography
studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
organizations

Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:03:18 GMT
 Help : CW Analog Clock type app
Thanks to Marius & Mark.
I initially went to the site, saw the clock and said NICE, thats what I
want !
I didn't scroll down, therefore the Download button wasn't visible.
[One of my blonde moments - guys also have them you know]

Ben,
Thanks very much for your Demo,Time and the App.
Really appreciate it.....

Regards

Corrie de Bruin
Johannesburg
South Africa
email  :

Quote:

>See the link. The source is there.

>---
>Mark Riffey
>Granite Bear Development
>http://www.granitebear.com

>Software for professional photography
>studios, cultured marble / cast polymer /
>solid surface manufacturers and non-profit
>organizations

Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:36:46 GMT

1. Analog Clock

2. Analog clock config error using single channel

3. generating gif/jpg analog clock

4. aclock2 - updated analog clock Tk script

5. aclock - analog clock Tcl/Tk toolkit script

6. CW 2.002.01: C++ and CW data types

7. App-Ref: Need to break up a large App, App-Ref can help

8. virtual reality type app, help!

9. clock scan [clock format [clock seconds]] fails

10. CW 2003 - How to get the TIME or CLOCK

11. synchronizing analog data acquisition with analog waveform generation

12. Using analog output to trigger analog input.