Remove or Delete : range of dates
Author Message
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

Quote:
>>Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove

a range of records by a date field from the data file?<<

What I do is create a window with 2 entry fields.  Field 1 = a Global
start date Field 2 = a global end date.

The end user enters the starting and ending date for data to be
deleted.  I then call a process from the window, and delete only data
that falls between those 2 dates.  You can use a filter in your process,
but dont forget to bind the date fields.

Hope this helps
Eric

--
Eric Jacobowitz

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

The Process Template does this for you.

--
Gordon
TopSpeed Development Centre

Quote:

>Hi,

>I am relatively new to Cw2003 and need help.

>Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove
>a range of records by a date field from the data file?

>Appreciated help

Mon, 29 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

Hi,

I am relatively new to Cw2003 and need help.

Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove
a range of records by a date field from the data file?

Appreciated help

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

Quote:

>Hi,
>I am relatively new to Cw2003 and need help.
>Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove
>a range of records by a date field from the data file?
>Appreciated help

Use a Process template. In the procedure setup for the process call a
Window to ask for the beginning and ending dates. Store these in
global variables.
Assuming you have a key by date on your data file, use that as the key
for the process. Put the global beginning and ending dates as the
range limits. Specify the record action for the process as Delete.

----------------------
Jon Waterhouse
Andy Rowe Consultants,
St. John's NF

Tue, 30 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

I'm no "expert" but, I would:

Provide entry on a window for "from date" and "thru date" fields (global

Also on that window I'd put a button to run a procedure (to delete the
records).

Make a procedure (process type) to process your file using a key that had
your date field in it.
Select the file and key first...
In the process properties,
- on the general tab:
- - action for process, select DELETE record
- - Approx. record count = <number of records ( I guess at it, more than
actual...)>
- on the Range Limits tab:
- - Range limit Field = <your date key field>
- - Range Limit Type = Range of Values
- - Low Limit Value =  <your "from date" field>
- - High Limit Value =  <your "thru date" field>
And that should do it!

--
HTH,
Gary Meyer,

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am relatively new to Cw2003 and need help.

> Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove
> a range of records by a date field from the data file?

> Appreciated help

Thu, 01 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

Here's a little tip I found for making my progress bars work better when
using a range of dates.

Before opening progress window
   RecordsToProcess = ThruDate - FromDate

ActivityForEachRecord or BeforePrintingDetail
   RecordsProcessed = REC:Date - FromDate

Craig

Quote:

>I'm no "expert" but, I would:

>Provide entry on a window for "from date" and "thru date" fields (global

>Also on that window I'd put a button to run a procedure (to delete the
>records).

>Make a procedure (process type) to process your file using a key that had
>your date field in it.
>Select the file and key first...
>In the process properties,
>- on the general tab:
>- - action for process, select DELETE record
>- - Approx. record count = <number of records ( I guess at it, more than
>actual...)>
>- on the Range Limits tab:
>- - Range limit Field = <your date key field>
>- - Range Limit Type = Range of Values
>- - Low Limit Value =  <your "from date" field>
>- - High Limit Value =  <your "thru date" field>
>And that should do it!

>--
>HTH,
>Gary Meyer,
>Meyer Micro Computing

>> Hi,

>> I am relatively new to Cw2003 and need help.

>> Could any of you kindly show me the way to delete or remove
>> a range of records by a date field from the data file?

>> Appreciated help

Fri, 02 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Remove or Delete : range of dates

<< Here's a little tip I found for making my progress bars work better
when
using a range of dates.

Before opening progress window
   RecordsToProcess = ThruDate - FromDate

ActivityForEachRecord or BeforePrintingDetail
   RecordsProcessed = REC:Date - FromDate >>

CLEVER!  I like this!

Thanks, Craig!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) in Win95
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS,
for THEY are FEISTY, and LIKE TO NIP
THOSE WHO ANNOY THEM!"

Sat, 03 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. removing a range from a list

2. deleting (remove) a file

3. remove/delete disk files

4. dBase4 - remove deleted records

5. Delete and Remove with 0

6. HELP: Need to remove delete icon!

7. coding a date range

8. DB Date Range Field Type

9. Help: Need all changes in a date-range

10. CW Browse Template Date Range & ODBC

11. problems generating a report with a date range

12. Need help on date range fot sales tax