Column selection in multi-column report.
Author Message
 Column selection in multi-column report.

Hi all,

  Why not add two local variables to the report,  DebitValue and
CreditValue.
Place the locals on the detail in the appropriate column, add a 'B' to the
picture to print a blank when the field is zero.

In the TakeRecord method,

if (ActualField < 0)
   CreditField = ActualField
   DebitField = 0
else
   DebitField = ActualField
   CreditField = 0
end

    Dennis
    "Move to the sound of the guns."

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
Thanks for the reply.

I'm trying something similar to that. The problem is, the report can wind up
stepping left and right:
              | 12.34
56.78     |
              | 90.12
rather than printing on the same line.
56.78     | 12.34
90.12     | 34.56

Thanks again,
  J J

Quote:
> Hi all,

>   Why not add two local variables to the report,  DebitValue and
> CreditValue.
> Place the locals on the detail in the appropriate column, add a 'B' to the
> picture to print a blank when the field is zero.

> In the TakeRecord method,

> if (ActualField < 0)
>    CreditField = ActualField
>    DebitField = 0
> else
>    DebitField = ActualField
>    CreditField = 0
> end

>     Dennis
>     "Move to the sound of the guns."

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
I use the exact technique that Dennis proposed, to get the "stepping" you're
looking for.

Fred.

Quote:

> I'm trying something similar to that. The problem is, the report can wind
up
> stepping left and right:
>               | 12.34
> 56.78     |
>               | 90.12
> rather than printing on the same line.
> 56.78     | 12.34
> 90.12     | 34.56

> Thanks again,
>   J J

> > Hi all,

> >   Why not add two local variables to the report,  DebitValue and
> > CreditValue.
> > Place the locals on the detail in the appropriate column, add a 'B' to
the
> > picture to print a blank when the field is zero.

> > In the TakeRecord method,

> > if (ActualField < 0)
> >    CreditField = ActualField
> >    DebitField = 0
> > else
> >    DebitField = ActualField
> >    CreditField = 0
> > end

> >     Dennis
> >     "Move to the sound of the guns."

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
Hi all,

  The stepping is why you use two locals and blank the one that is not being
used.

      Dennis

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
Thanks for the reply.

I don't want it to step. I would rather have two entries on the same line,
if possible.

JJ

Quote:
> I use the exact technique that Dennis proposed, to get the "stepping"
you're
> looking for.

> Fred.

> > I'm trying something similar to that. The problem is, the report can
wind
> up
> > stepping left and right:
> >               | 12.34
> > 56.78     |
> >               | 90.12
> > rather than printing on the same line.
> > 56.78     | 12.34
> > 90.12     | 34.56

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
John,
  Are you printing summary totals or detail transactions?  If totals, then
previous comments apply.  If detail, then perhaps you should outline your
relevant report format and data structure so when can get a better picture.
e.g. What is the "relationship" between the 56.78 debit and the 12.34 credit
that would warrant them printing on the same line?  (I assume we are talking
accounting, aren't we?)

Fred.

Quote:
> Thanks for the reply.

> I don't want it to step. I would rather have two entries on the same line,
> if possible.

> JJ

> > I use the exact technique that Dennis proposed, to get the "stepping"
> you're
> > looking for.

> > Fred.

> > > I'm trying something similar to that. The problem is, the report can
> wind
> > up
> > > stepping left and right:
> > >               | 12.34
> > > 56.78     |
> > >               | 90.12
> > > rather than printing on the same line.
> > > 56.78     | 12.34
> > > 90.12     | 34.56

Sat, 16 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Column selection in multi-column report.
On Mon, 29 May 2000 21:03:12 GMT, "John Johnson"

Quote:

>Thanks for the reply.

>I'm trying something similar to that. The problem is, the report can wind up
>stepping left and right:
>              | 12.34
>56.78     |
>              | 90.12
>rather than printing on the same line.
>56.78     | 12.34
>90.12     | 34.56

>Thanks again,
>  J J

>> Hi all,

>>   Why not add two local variables to the report,  DebitValue and
>> CreditValue.
>> Place the locals on the detail in the appropriate column, add a 'B' to the
>> picture to print a blank when the field is zero.

>> In the TakeRecord method,

>> if (ActualField < 0)
>>    CreditField = ActualField
>>    DebitField = 0
>> else
>>    DebitField = ActualField
>>    CreditField = 0
>> end

>>     Dennis
>>     "Move to the sound of the guns."

Maybe create a routine that reads the orginal file looping through a
complete invoice (or whatever) and adding the value to LOC:Debit and
LOC:Credit as appropriate and not printing the detail until the
invoice is complete.

Put a filter on your detail so it won't print until OKToPrint = True

In Procedure Setup
  LOC:Credit = 0
  LOC:Debit = 0
  LOC:SavInvoice = the number to start with
  INV:Number = LOC:SavInvoice

In before printing detail

LOC:Credit = 0
LOC:Debit = 0
OKToPrint = False
GET(INV:ByNumber, INV:ByNumber)
NEXT(Invoice)
LOOP WHILE INV:Number = LOC:SavInvoice
 If INV:Amount < 0
    LOC:Credit += INV:Amount
 ELSE
   LOC:Debit += INV:Amount
 END
END
OKToPrint = True

In After Printing Detail

NEXT(Invoice)
LOC:SavInvoice = INV:Number

I haven't tested this code, just of the top of my head but it might be
a start.  Of course you want error checking for EOF and out of range
(if you want to print the report for a range of invoices).

Anyway it seems the consensus it to use local variable to accumulate
the values.  Prevent stepping by only printing the detail when the
invoice is totally complete.

Sherman

Mon, 18 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. CW5: Column selection in multi-column report.

2. how do i convert a multi column into a single column in the output in fortran

3. LV 6.0.2 Multi-column listbox does not update selection

4. Multi-Column Report

5. Multi-Column Reports - Help

6. Multi-line Column Titles in CFW Report Writer ????

7. Help with Report, multi-column loop through associated files

8. Report problem. Multi-column loop through associated files

9. Multi-column reports

10. sum all columns based on column 1

11. Help: using hidden columns with columns resizable in a list box

12. Plotting 1st column vs 2nd column in Excel from LabVIEW