GPF on FileDialog with XP - why???
Author Message
 GPF on FileDialog with XP - why???

I had a client change their workstations from NT to XP professional.
I ran into a problem when calling the FileDialog box - the program GPFs
(nicely though, XP is very polite <g>).
I tried this on my laptop which has XP home version and had no problem.
The other difference is that my laptop was not currently connected to a
network where as the workstations were.
Oh yeah, and obviously there was no problem before the switch to XP.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on? I haven't had a chance to get
back to these workstations since yesterday so this is all the info I have.

Thanks in advance - Ed Campbell
C55h

Sun, 15 May 2005 04:22:13 GMT
 GPF on FileDialog with XP - why???
Ed,

How are you calling the FileDialog box?  Are you setting any parameters when
calling FileDialog? If you are calling it using API, double check your MAP
and ensure the prototype is correct for XP.  We have over 4000 clients
running the software many of which are on XP and do have calls to FileDialog
which do not GPF.  Are you using ABC or Clarion template chain?  Did they
set compatibility mode for this application?

Ben

Quote:
> I had a client change their workstations from NT to XP professional.
> I ran into a problem when calling the FileDialog box - the program GPFs
> (nicely though, XP is very polite <g>).
> I tried this on my laptop which has XP home version and had no problem.
> The other difference is that my laptop was not currently connected to a
> network where as the workstations were.
> Oh yeah, and obviously there was no problem before the switch to XP.

> Any thoughts as to what might be going on? I haven't had a chance to get
> back to these workstations since yesterday so this is all the info I have.

> Thanks in advance - Ed Campbell
> C55h

Sun, 15 May 2005 04:34:57 GMT
 GPF on FileDialog with XP - why???
Easy fix... apply XP SP1 and hot-fixes, it will quit the GPF'ing

Steve

Quote:
> Ed,

> How are you calling the FileDialog box?  Are you setting any parameters
when
> calling FileDialog? If you are calling it using API, double check your MAP
> and ensure the prototype is correct for XP.  We have over 4000 clients
> running the software many of which are on XP and do have calls to
FileDialog
> which do not GPF.  Are you using ABC or Clarion template chain?  Did they
> set compatibility mode for this application?

> Ben

> > I had a client change their workstations from NT to XP professional.
> > I ran into a problem when calling the FileDialog box - the program GPFs
> > (nicely though, XP is very polite <g>).
> > I tried this on my laptop which has XP home version and had no problem.
> > The other difference is that my laptop was not currently connected to a
> > network where as the workstations were.
> > Oh yeah, and obviously there was no problem before the switch to XP.

> > Any thoughts as to what might be going on? I haven't had a chance to get
> > back to these workstations since yesterday so this is all the info I
have.

> > Thanks in advance - Ed Campbell
> > C55h

Sun, 15 May 2005 05:15:53 GMT

1. GPF GPF GPF GPF in 32bit C4b Application

2. App Runtime GPF XP/2000

3. RTF Control GPF under XP

4. Clarion 5 GPF in IDE using Windows XP

5. Getting GPF in XP even with Blinker 6.0/Clipper 5.3b

6. XP GPF

7. GPF NT/W2K/XP

8. GPF Windows XP and Mouse

9. why why why oh why why baby