constant string in report
Author Message
 constant string in report

Hello world,
I have line of constant strings and want them to be right justified.
The problem : in the preview the last character of these strings partly
or completely vanishes.
After printing all is fine.

Is there something that could be done?

regards

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 constant string in report
It is the same with the variable strings in the next lines.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 30 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 constant string in report
Do you have the same problem when previewing in 100% magnification ?
I think the problem is in scaling some fonts in preview. Try setting the
control width to default and intend for 2-4.

HTH
--
Regards !
Udo Cizelj

>Hello world,
>I have line of constant strings and want them to be right justified.
>The problem : in the preview the last character of these strings partly
>or completely vanishes.
>After printing all is fine.

>Is there something that could be done?

>regards

>Ralf

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 constant string in report
Hi Udo

Quote:
> Do you have the same problem when previewing in 100% magnification ?

I have noticed this problem when previewing in pagewidth magnification.
With 100% it is the same, but i guess that is not surprising.
Or is there any difference between pagewidth and 100% magnification ?

Quote:
> I think the problem is in scaling some fonts in preview. Try setting
>the
> control width to default and intend for 2-4.

I have set the control width to default, but what do you mean with
indent here? What i mean is, where can i find an indent?
I have seen indents in a for example in a listboxformatter, but a
string control has nothing like this.

The strings are now completely visible.
What i wanted was, that the last character of one String is placed
exactly over the last digit of a value beneath.
What i got now is, that the last character of one String is placed
exactly over the next to the last digit of a value beneath.

To sad that this is not my worst problem...

Thanks

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 constant string in report

Quote:
>I have set the control width to default, but what do you mean with
>indent here? What i mean is, where can i find an indent?

Sorry for misstyping - I ment offset.

Quote:
>I have noticed this problem when previewing in pagewidth magnification.
>With 100% it is the same, but I guess that is not surprising.
>Or is there any difference between pagewidth and 100% magnification ?

In 100% magnification the WMF image of the report is showed in it's own size (like a image in an image control with height and width
set to default) , in page width the magnification is calculated by the ratio of the WMF image width and the width of the image
control on the screen - so it is not necessary the same magnification.
I had also problems with right justified strings in reports. Thought there were corrected (I'm using CW2.3).
Other then trying different widths and offsets, fonts  I'm out of ideas.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 constant string in report

Quote:
> >I have set the control width to default, but what do you mean with
> >indent here? What i mean is, where can i find an indent?

> Sorry for misstyping - I ment offset.

> >I have noticed this problem when previewing in pagewidth
magnification.
> >With 100% it is the same, but I guess that is not surprising.
> >Or is there any difference between pagewidth and 100% magnification ?

> In 100% magnification the WMF image of the report is showed in it's

own size (like a image in an image control with height and width
Quote:
> set to default) , in page width the magnification is calculated by the

ratio of the WMF image width and the width of the image
Quote:
> control on the screen - so it is not necessary the same magnification.
> I had also problems with right justified strings in reports. Thought

there were corrected (I'm using CW2.3).
Quote:
> Other then trying different widths and offsets, fonts  I'm out of
ideas.

I use Clarion 5.0. I will play with width and offsets next week, if i
find a cure for this problem i post again in this thread.

But now ...
have a nice weekend

Ralf

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 31 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Defining string constant with ASCII Code Under 32

2. Q:working with constants and strings

3. Line return in a (constant) string

4. Constant objects (Was: Proposal: cleanup manifest strings!)

5. String Array Constant Addition

6. string constants, waveform charts and microsoft

7. LV6 Crashes when added a constant string

8. Help with string constants and incompatible types

9. string constants and incompatible types : thanks

10. Help with string constants and incompatible types

11. Reading out a constant string

12. Array Of Constant Strings?