Importing Clipper DBF's
Author Message
 Importing Clipper DBF's

Hi to everybody,
Using W2k and c55ee patch (E)

I just try to import clipper dbf files with 6 index files in new dictionary and I got error message:
"Error reading table format information: File Not Found"
Correct directory was already seated before. As I remember it was not problem in c5b
Is it bug or what?

Ljubomir Erdeljan

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 03:26:43 GMT
 Importing Clipper DBF's
Ljubomir,
You will notice that if you just import 1 of the indexes it works fine.  I
hit this problem a few months back.  It seems to be sporatic (at least I
have not been able to figure out when it happens).  Try coping the dbf and
ntx's to the same directory as the dictionary, that might help.  Or you can
import one index and manually set up the other five..

-Mike

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:12:46 GMT
 Importing Clipper DBF's
Hi Mike,
Thank you for replay. I do this also but without success, to set manually
it's painful job. Actually I need just to import all dbf with index files as
is for analyzing and to build new app whith new database system as
Pervasive.

Quote:
> Ljubomir,
> You will notice that if you just import 1 of the indexes it works fine.  I
> hit this problem a few months back.  It seems to be sporatic (at least I
> have not been able to figure out when it happens).  Try coping the dbf and
> ntx's to the same directory as the dictionary, that might help.  Or you
can
> import one index and manually set up the other five..

> -Mike

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:01:46 GMT
 Importing Clipper DBF's
Ljubomir,
Painful is a good adjective to use.  I think the problem may have been fixed
with the "e" patch released last week.  Also if this strictly a conversion
job, would it be less painful to import the table without all of the indexes
and re-establish them after the file has been converted to Pervasive?
Another option (and I have not tried this) would be to import the table six
times, once for each index, and then copy and paste the Keys from the other
five into the first one.

Good luck,
-Mike

Quote:
> Hi Mike,
> Thank you for replay. I do this also but without success, to set manually
> it's painful job. Actually I need just to import all dbf with index files
as
> is for analyzing and to build new app whith new database system as
> Pervasive.

Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:46:35 GMT

1. Importing Clipper DBF's into Microsoft Access

2. clipper code to import ASCII to a .dbf file

3. Help needed importing Clipper dbf files

4. Limits of Clipper DBF's and NTX's

5. Which is best DBF editor for viewing Clipper based dbf files( windows)

6. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (0/1)

7. Help - Clipper 5 DBF files not recognised by other applications - Job_divn.dbf (1/1)

8. Clipper v5.x DBU utility with S87 DBF'S

9. Driver to connect to clipper dbf's via Java

10. clipper newbie-how to insert into a dbf using several NTX's

11. Anyone know how to link Clipper .DBF's to an Access 8.0 database

12. ODBC driver for Clipper's dbf file ?