C4: object database or relational database?
Author Message
 C4: object database or relational database?

Hi,

I was just wondering,  does C4 uses the new concept of object database
or does it still uses the standard relational database concept with
OOP.  I still uses CW2.003.

I can't remember seeing any reference to object databases.  (maybe I'm
not reading the articles properly;-))

Best Regards

Andr Hayward.

Fri, 13 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4: object database or relational database?

Quote:

>Hi,
>I was just wondering,  does C4 uses the new concept of object database
>or does it still uses the standard relational database concept with
>OOP.  I still uses CW2.003.
>I can't remember seeing any reference to object databases.  (maybe I'm
>not reading the articles properly;-))
>Best Regards
>Andr Hayward.

It appears as if this question is ignored?  If so why?

Best Regards//

Andr

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4: object database or relational database?

The databases are the same.
The code is now fully OOPd with the ABC templates in C4.

--
Paul MacFarlane
American Riviera Software

http://www.business-plaza.com
http://www.sb.net/amerisft/

Quote:

>>Hi,

>>I was just wondering,  does C4 uses the new concept of object database
>>or does it still uses the standard relational database concept with
>>OOP.  I still uses CW2.003.

>>I can't remember seeing any reference to object databases.  (maybe I'm
>>not reading the articles properly;-))

>>Best Regards

>>Andr Hayward.

>It appears as if this question is ignored?  If so why?

>Best Regards//

>Andr

Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 C4: object database or relational database?

Quote:
> Hi,

> I was just wondering,  does C4 uses the new concept of object database
> or does it still uses the standard relational database concept with
> OOP.  I still uses CW2.003.

> I can't remember seeing any reference to object databases.  (maybe I'm
> not reading the articles properly;-))

The database has not changed, but that doesn't mean it's not capable of
storing objects. You can use BLOBs for objects in CW2 or C4. I've got a CW2
application where I pick and choose existing objects on a drive (or Create
new objects using OLE/OCX) and store in BLOB fields. Is this what _you_
mean by "object database" ?

--
Jeff Berlinghoff
Tallahassee, Florida

ngw.dep.state.fl.us

Sun, 15 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. OSMOS - Object/Relational Database

2. ACM Paper on Mapping Object to Relational Databases

3. object Database vers Relational model

4. Relational databases and Object oriented programming

5. free relational/object database interfaces info?

6. OBJECT/RELATIONAL DATABASE DESIGNER - EASTERN U.S. -

7. Anyone working with relational databases?

8. St with relational databases

9. Relational Database in AWK

10. Relational Database Interface via SQL

11. Smalltalk - Relational Database Connectivity

12. ODBC or other interface with relational databases