Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
Author Message
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?

What database environment are dbf,cdx files?

---

Computer Systems Development, Inc.
Baltimore, MD. 21214  USA
410-254-7060

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
Forget it. I forgot that files are mentioned in User's guide (Database
drivers)

Quote:

--
---

Computer Systems Development, Inc.
Baltimore, MD. 21214  USA
410-254-7060

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
oh my,,, i feel like a old fart.. and i'm only 30 something... :)

Quote:
> What database environment are dbf,cdx files?

> ---

> Computer Systems Development, Inc.
> Baltimore, MD. 21214  USA
> 410-254-7060

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?

Quote:
>>i feel like a old fart.. and i'm only 30 something... :)

Well they say time speeds up on the Internet :)

Mike
--
For full details of these templates:  http://www.sterlingdata.com
*** SearchFlash - 3 templates in one ***

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
.dbf are xBASE files (dBASE, Clipper, DBXL, ARAGO,
etc) and .cdx will be the index files. Usually
these are .ndx (DBASE) .ntx (Clipper) but I am not
familiar with .cdx (I am an old fart, pushing the
big five-oh).

Quote:

--
* Ken McLeod
* Computer Overseer

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
Ken,

I think that is a foxpro combined index.

Don

Quote:
> .dbf are xBASE files (dBASE, Clipper, DBXL, ARAGO,
> etc) and .cdx will be the index files. Usually
> these are .ndx (DBASE) .ntx (Clipper) but I am not
> familiar with .cdx (I am an old fart, pushing the
> big five-oh).

> > oh my,,, i feel like a old fart.. and i'm only 30 something... :)

> > > What database environment are dbf,cdx files?

> > > ---

> > > Computer Systems Development, Inc.
> > > Baltimore, MD. 21214  USA
> > > 410-254-7060

> --
> * Ken McLeod
> * Computer Overseer
> * THE DELPHIAN SCHOOL
> * 20950 SW Rock Creek Road
> * SHERIDAN, OR 97378
> * http://www.delphian.org

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
Fox pro something

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Anyone know what dbf,cdx files are?
Ken:

FoxPro 2.6 files have the extensions .dbf for the database file, cdx for the
index file, which can contain many different indexs, and fpt for the memo
file.  All of these files have the same name but different extensions relate
to the same data set.

The file driver in CW2003 is not Y2K complaint, so trying to read these
files using that driver will fail.  The easisiet short-term solution for
this is to backdate your computer to 1999 - that makes the file happy.

The driver in CW5 does not have this problem.

If the dbf file contains a FoxPro 'General' field the clarion dirvers cannot
open it.  Removing the 'General' field resolves this problem.

I developed systems in FoxPro for a couple of years (thank goodness that is
over!) and I am pretty familiar with it.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Paul Jackson
Eutactics, Inc.

Quote:

>.dbf are xBASE files (dBASE, Clipper, DBXL, ARAGO,
>etc) and .cdx will be the index files. Usually
>these are .ndx (DBASE) .ntx (Clipper) but I am not
>familiar with .cdx (I am an old fart, pushing the
>big five-oh).

>> oh my,,, i feel like a old fart.. and i'm only 30 something... :)

>> > What database environment are dbf,cdx files?

>> > ---

>> > Computer Systems Development, Inc.
>> > Baltimore, MD. 21214  USA
>> > 410-254-7060

>--
>* Ken McLeod
>* Computer Overseer
>* THE DELPHIAN SCHOOL
>* 20950 SW Rock Creek Road
>* SHERIDAN, OR 97378
>* http://www.delphian.org

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. accessing FoxPro DBF/CDX files

2. Anyone know how to link Clipper .DBF's to an Access 8.0 database

3. C access to DBF & CDX files needed

4. Anyone know file layout for IE5 DBX files?

5. **Need to know DBF/MDX files format**

6. DBU DBF FILE nad FOXPRO 2.6A dbf file

7. any tools for asp with dbf/cdx ?

8. Free Visual Report Designer for DBF/CDX

9. req : Paradox4 db+px -> dbf+cdx

10. 32 bit CGI app with dbf/cdx ?

11. dbf/ntx/cdx corruption problems

12. DBF/FTP/CDX