Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Author Message
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

A client bought 2 Pentium II machines and my program,
written in Clarion for DOS 3.1 cannot start giving the
folowing message:
  'error in floating point operation'

Any help would be most appreciated

Kirk Kyriakou

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Hi

I had a customer ship me a machine the other day that was doing this.
The only thing I could see was that it was a Compag Preserio. And all of our
customer's that had these machines had to get rid of them.

Greg Palmer

Quote:

>A client bought 2 Pentium II machines and my program,
>written in Clarion for DOS 3.1 cannot start giving the
>folowing message:
>  'error in floating point operation'

>Any help would be most appreciated

>Kirk Kyriakou

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Greg,
You may also want to check out the Compaq
web site (http://www.compaq.com) for a
patch for the problem. Compaq web sites
contains a wealth of patches for their incompatible
systems.
Regards,
Marius
Quote:

> Hi

> I had a customer ship me a machine the other day that was doing this.
> The only thing I could see was that it was a Compag Preserio. And all of our
> customer's that had these machines had to get rid of them.

> Greg Palmer

> >A client bought 2 Pentium II machines and my program,
> >written in Clarion for DOS 3.1 cannot start giving the
> >folowing message:
> >  'error in floating point operation'

> >Any help would be most appreciated

> >Kirk Kyriakou

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
I had the same problem with other Pentium II machines. Compiling with Topspeed
Dos Extender fixed the problem.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Has anyone got a fix for this?
Quote:

> Hi

> I had a customer ship me a machine the other day that was doing this.
> The only thing I could see was that it was a Compag Preserio. And all of our
> customer's that had these machines had to get rid of them.

> Greg Palmer

> >A client bought 2 Pentium II machines and my program,
> >written in Clarion for DOS 3.1 cannot start giving the
> >folowing message:
> >  'error in floating point operation'

> >Any help would be most appreciated

> >Kirk Kyriakou

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Kirk,

Seems I vaguely remember hearing about a problem that Pentium processors
running over 300MHz (maybe slower, don't remember) would NOT run CDD
3.1.  You might try DejaNews and see if you can pull up more postings.

Al

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Hi

Your right only one of our programs causes this error to come up
and it's the one not using the Dos Extender.

Greg Palmer

Quote:

>I had the same problem with other Pentium II machines. Compiling with
Topspeed
>Dos Extender fixed the problem.

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Hi there,

Try this,

You have to edit (with an hexadecimal editor like HIEW or Norton Disk
Editor) some files and change some data....
File                    Offset  Old  New
==========  ======  ===  ===
DXVCLA.LIB  013F7B  50   CB
DOVCLA.LIB  00D0AA  50   CB
DDVCLA.DLL  014E5A  50   CB

I think I vaguely remember this works.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:

> Has anyone got a fix for this?

> > Hi

> > I had a customer ship me a machine the other day that was doing this.
> > The only thing I could see was that it was a Compag Preserio. And all of our
> > customer's that had these machines had to get rid of them.

> > Greg Palmer

> > >A client bought 2 Pentium II machines and my program,
> > >written in Clarion for DOS 3.1 cannot start giving the
> > >folowing message:
> > >  'error in floating point operation'

> > >Any help would be most appreciated

> > >Kirk Kyriakou

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Hi Arnor!

Quote:
> Alexey knows everything about this.

I think Alexey knows everything about anything having to do with
ANY flavor of Clarion!

-- Craig (The Data Ferret)
Using Virtual Access 4.02 build 244 (32-bit) in Win95
"Do not meddle in the affairs of FERRETS,
for THEY are FEISTY, and LIKE TO NIP
THOSE WHO ANNOY THEM!"

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II
Hi Craig,

On Sat, 07 Nov 1998 16:48:09 EST, Craig E Ransom

Quote:

>I think Alexey knows everything about anything having to do with
>ANY flavor of Clarion!

Yep!  And C, C++, Assembler and a whole lot of other languages:)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Clarion for DOS 3.1 & Pentium II

2. Clarion DOS 3.1 and Pentium III, W98

3. clarion 3 for dos, not running pentium II

4. Clarion DOS and Pentium II Chips

5. DOS (Clarion) Programs won't run on Pentium II or III

6. DOS Clarion Error with Pentium II

7. Problem with btrieve 6.15 for dos and Clarion 3.1 application in a dos session of W95

8. Clarion 2.1 LEM under Clarion 3.1 for DOS

9. Pentium & Pentium II specs

10. Pentium & Pentium II spec

11. Pentium Pro & Pentium II instruction decomposition (uops)

12. Clarion for DOS (3.1)Help!