No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Author Message
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

Hi all
Error appearing in a Browse Using a record selector , All variables
bound (and gagged :-)    when i try to call the update procedure ,
seems to happen more on mass created records than records created by
the update form itself. Any Ideas ?

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Elli,
check your spelling and syntax carefully. Spelling mistakes will not get
picked up by the compiler when using a filter.
--
Best regards,
James Cooke

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
And you can't use "false" or "true" in the filter. You must use a 0 or 1 to
refer to true/false variables.

Ken

Quote:
> Elli,
> check your spelling and syntax carefully. Spelling mistakes will not get
> picked up by the compiler when using a filter.
> --
> Best regards,
> James Cooke
> Clarion Certified Developer
> Cape Town
> South Africa

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

Quote:
>Error appearing in a Browse Using a record selector , All variables
>bound (and gagged :-)

Hi Elli

If you have any hand coded (source) procedures, make sure that the first
line of code is PUSHBIND(); and that the last line before the Return is
POPBIND()

Regards
Malcolm Collett
-------------------------------------
EMAIL: mcollett AT iafrica DOT com
=====================================

Sat, 15 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Elli...

This whole 'Bind on variable 801' error thing is a black hole which is
causing me a deal of grief too. As yet nobody has been able to point me to a
document or article about binding which is written in plain English and
makes any sense. The CW docs and help are of no help at all. Even Wizzard
generated code gives the error so I give up!

Dave

Quote:
> Hi all
> Error appearing in a Browse Using a record selector , All variables
> bound (and gagged :-)    when i try to call the update procedure ,
> seems to happen more on mass created records than records created by
> the update form itself. Any Ideas ?

>    Warm regards

>      Elli

> CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Does your browse have anything in the filter? If so, what exactly is your
filter? If not, are you displaying any information outside of the browse or
list box itself? All variables outside of the browse box itself must have a
bind on them. This would include any embeds, filters, ranges, etc. Anything
that is being used by or associated with the browse. I have spent some time
searching for similar problems and always found a variable that was not
bound. I have also found that if you have multiple items on the filter line
that placing "()" around the each filter has eliminated any bind errors as
well for example "(FIL:Date = TODAY()) AND (FIL:Status = GLO:Status)".

Ken

Quote:
> Elli...

> This whole 'Bind on variable 801' error thing is a black hole which is
> causing me a deal of grief too. As yet nobody has been able to point me to
> document or article about binding which is written in plain English and
> makes any sense. The CW docs and help are of no help at all. Even Wizzard
> generated code gives the error so I give up!

> Dave

> > Hi all
> > Error appearing in a Browse Using a record selector , All variables
> > bound (and gagged :-)    when i try to call the update procedure ,
> > seems to happen more on mass created records than records created by
> > the update form itself. Any Ideas ?

> >    Warm regards

> >      Elli

> > CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

Quote:
>Does your browse have anything in the filter? If so, what exactly is your
>filter? If not, are you displaying any information outside of the browse or

 Only a record selector and all variable associated with that are
bound  ,  and the damnest thing is the inconsistency today()  for
example not to much problem , i dont understand  ???

Quote:
>All variables outside of the browse box itself must have a
>bind on them.

You mean like just a display string in the window itself ???

   Warm regards

     Elli

CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
You are correct that "Bind on variable 801" is a "black hole".  I have the
most difficulty when a user enters a value in a field (such as a customer
code) and wants to create a new customer.  The system displays a customer
browse screen and he adds a new customer.  While adding the new customer,
the user then adds a new Salesman.

By going into several browses deep before returning to the original field,
the user SOMETIMES gets an 801.  To stop these errors, I have had to stop
the user from adding items in this manner.  Instead, he has to click on
another menu item to add a customer.  This is not as convenient for the
user, but it stops 801 errors.

Ralph Bishop

Quote:
> Elli...

> This whole 'Bind on variable 801' error thing is a black hole which is
> causing me a deal of grief too. As yet nobody has been able to point me to
> document or article about binding which is written in plain English and
> makes any sense. The CW docs and help are of no help at all. Even Wizzard
> generated code gives the error so I give up!

> Dave

> > Hi all
> > Error appearing in a Browse Using a record selector , All variables
> > bound (and gagged :-)    when i try to call the update procedure ,
> > seems to happen more on mass created records than records created by
> > the update form itself. Any Ideas ?

> >    Warm regards

> >      Elli

> > CW5peB,TPS,Legacy   , win98

Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Hi Elli:

I had this problem last month.  I found that I only had to
bind the fields that were used in the record filter. And
the way I had to bind them was to list them under hot
fields and check off the bind box.

I am using CW 2.003.

Thanks for always responding to my problems.

Cynthia

--
Cynthia J. Marr, CW 2.003

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view
Hi Elli:

Hi Elli:

I had this problem last month.  I found that I only had to
bind the fields that were used in the record filter. And
the way I had to bind them was to list them under hot
fields and check off the bind box.

I am using CW 2.003.

Thanks for always responding to my problems.

P. S.  This message was returned to me as undeliverable. I tried

did not go through, so I am directing this message to Elli.

--
Cynthia J. Marr, CW 2.003

Tue, 25 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. No Bind 801 View Open Error

2. File not open (37) and No Bind on variable (801)errors

3. Error 801 in view filter

4. Error: (No Bind on variable(801))

5. No bind on variable (801)

6. Error No Bind on variable 801

7. Help - No BIND on Variable(801)

8. No BIND on variable (801 error

9. NO BIND on variable 801

10. No Bind on variable (801)

11. No BIND on variable 801 - using CFW 2003

12. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)