Setting "checked" property on menu item
Author Message
 Setting "checked" property on menu item

On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
I guess!

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Al

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:39:12 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
For each menu item that has the "Toggle" attribute checked, you should be
using a variable name as the "Use Variable:".

All you need to do is modify the value of the appropriate variable and the
menu item's checkbox will change accordingly.

                                -Ray.

Quote:
> On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
> allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
> selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
> I guess!

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,

> Al

Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:51:51 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...
25

Kind regards,
James Cooke
http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
community
http://63.99.156.24/

> On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
> allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
> selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
> I guess!

> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,

> Al

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:44:24 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
Ray,

It's truly simple once you know how!!  Thanks for pointing out the
technique to me.  I guess I was trying to make it too complicated.

Al

Quote:

> For each menu item that has the "Toggle" attribute checked, you should be
> using a variable name as the "Use Variable:".

> All you need to do is modify the value of the appropriate variable and the
> menu item's checkbox will change accordingly.

>                                 -Ray.

> > On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
> > allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> > to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
> > selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> > which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> > I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
> > I guess!

> > Any suggestions?

> > Thanks,

> > Al

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:24:38 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
James,

Trying to sign up, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect".

Al

Quote:

> http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...
> 25

> --
> --
> Kind regards,
> James Cooke
> http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> community
> http://63.99.156.24/

> > On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
> > allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> > to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
> > selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> > which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> > I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
> > I guess!

> > Any suggestions?

> > Thanks,

> > Al

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:25:59 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
Hi Al (and James)

I had this problem but it is fixed by placing your name without spaces
in the appropriate field. For instance Tony York di not work TonyYork
did.

I just forgot to tell James about it at the time

Tony

Quote:

> James,

> Trying to sign up, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect".

> Al

> > http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...
> > 25

> > --
> > --
> > Kind regards,
> > James Cooke
> > http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> > community
> > http://63.99.156.24/

> > > On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine to
> > > allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> > > to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore the
> > > selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> > > which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> > > I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too obvious
> > > I guess!

> > > Any suggestions?

> > > Thanks,

> > > Al

Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:03:43 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
What browser did you use?

Kind regards,
James Cooke
http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
community
http://63.99.156.24/

> James,

> Trying to sign up, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect".

> Al

http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...
Quote:
> > 25

> > --
> > --
> > Kind regards,
> > James Cooke
> > http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> > community
> > http://63.99.156.24/

> > > On a menu, I have an item with the CHECK attribute.  This works fine
> > > allow the user to set/reset certain program options.  I would now like
> > > to "check" or "uncheck" this under program control (to save/restore
the
> > > selected options in an INI file) and haven't been able to figure out
> > > which property allows me to accomplish this feat!

> > > I've tried ?MenuItem{PROP:Checked} = TRUE without success - too
obvious
> > > I guess!

> > > Any suggestions?

> > > Thanks,

> > > Al

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:09:35 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
Hi Tony,
Your login is a condensation of your full name, with all spaces and other
fluff removed.
If you paste the login that is emailed to you, you will find it (should<g>)
work first time!

Kind regards,
James Cooke
http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
community
http://63.99.156.24/

> Hi Al (and James)

> I had this problem but it is fixed by placing your name without spaces
> in the appropriate field. For instance Tony York di not work TonyYork
> did.

> I just forgot to tell James about it at the time

> Tony

> > James,

> > Trying to sign up, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect".

> > Al

http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...

> > > 25

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Kind regards,
> > > James Cooke
> > > http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> > > community
> > > http://63.99.156.24/
> > > =========================================

Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:14:17 GMT
 Setting "checked" property on menu item
Netscape V4.78

Al

Quote:

> What browser did you use?

> --
> --
> Kind regards,
> James Cooke
> http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> community
> http://63.99.156.24/

> > James,

> > Trying to sign up, I get an error message "The parameter is incorrect".

> > Al

> http://www.clarionfoundry.com/Pages/paragraph.aspx?BodyPK=85d4xB5SBb8...
> > > 25

> > > --
> > > --
> > > Kind regards,
> > > James Cooke
> > > http://www.clarionfoundry.com - a technical reference for the Clarion
> > > community
> > > http://63.99.156.24/
> > > =========================================

> the

> obvious

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 06:14:27 GMT

1. "Advanced" Shortcuts menu items

2. who set "set tz=....." command orignally

3. Changing the "text" property of a menu item

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

5. "copy" and drag a canvas item: strange "current" item

6. Control "value" property

7. Homestead site - "intellectual property rights"

8. Basic Properties of Lists ("foreward")

9. TCL makes "Display Properties" hang

10. "properties" idiom

11. sort "items" paragraphwise

12. FileDrop[Combo] - Adding "Empty" item