Problem with loop inside other loop
Author Message
 Problem with loop inside other loop

Hi.

Have some problems again.
I use C4, clarion templates.

I have a prosess with a mother-file' linked to a ''child-file in files to
process.
Inside the embed 'activity for each record' i have a new loop with the child
file.

It seems like this loop mess up the process.

I have     loc:variable=pointer(childfile)  !before the loop
and        get(childfile, loc:variable)         !After the loop.

It will still not be right.

Do I have to handle this a special way..?

Thanks

Dag.

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with loop inside other loop
Hi Dag,
If you are using Topspeed files, then you should be using the Position
function instead of Pointer. The Pointer(File) function is not supported
with the Topspeed file driver.

HTH

Quote:

--
Jim Katz
Certified Clarion Developer

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with loop inside other loop

Maybe loc:variable = POSITION(View)

RESET(View,Loc:variable)
NEXT(View)

would work better?

Quote:
>Hi.

>Have some problems again.
>I use C4, clarion templates.

>I have a prosess with a mother-file' linked to a ''child-file in files to
>process.
>Inside the embed 'activity for each record' i have a new loop with the child
>file.

>It seems like this loop mess up the process.

>I have     loc:variable=pointer(childfile)  !before the loop
>and        get(childfile, loc:variable)         !After the loop.

>It will still not be right.

>Do I have to handle this a special way..?

>Thanks

>Dag.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with loop inside other loop
Tank you all for responding.

But I it will still not be right.
I think I have figured out that my main problem is that i use another key in
the inner-loop than I use in the process.

If i use,

loc:variable=pointer(childfile:Key1)

        set (childfile:Key2,childfile:Key2)
        loop
            next(childfile)
        end

get(childfile:Key1,loc:variable)
set(childfile:Key1,loc:variable)

            will this be right.....?

I will try this tomorrow.

Dag.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fast loop inside a slow loop?

2. nested while loops, inside loop not stopping correctly

3. assigning to do loop control variables inside the loop

4. Expect while loop inside a while loop

5. Calling all tck/tk guru - Having problems with binding inside a loop

6. Pasing data from a While Loop inside a case structure, located inside the while loop.

7. Where to embed inside the accept loop

8. time behaviour of code inside loops

9. output terminal connection inside a while loop

10. Need X/Y graph inside of While Loop

11. file i/o inside a loop

12. Named block inside named loop