ALIAS Function with Super Invoice Template
Author Message
 ALIAS Function with Super Invoice Template

My company develops point of sale software and therfore it is important
that we make the point of sale screen as easy to use as possible. As part
of this, we use the ALIAS function to ALIAS the return key for the tab key
which is used inside the super invoice template. This has been working
really well up until now. We know it works with Clarion 1.5 16 bit
applications but now we are comoiling 32 bit applications and are using
Clarion 2.00201 and now find that it causes troubles. If we use tab key, it
works fine. If we use the ALIAS return key, the screen can completely lock
up for up to 10 seconds before moving to the next field.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could e-mail me any ideas.

Thanks

Steve Adams
Software Developer
Readysell Pty Ltd

Thu, 26 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ALIAS Function with Super Invoice Template

Quote:

> Clarion 2.00201 and now find that it causes troubles. If we use tab key, it
> works fine. If we use the ALIAS return key, the screen can completely lock
> up for up to 10 seconds before moving to the next field.

We have the same problem, after reading your message, I changed my
project settings to Win16bits and now it works fine.

It looks like it is a bug in 32bit libraries.

Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ALIAS Function with Super Invoice Template

Quote:

>My company develops point of sale software and therfore it is important
>that we make the point of sale screen as easy to use as possible. As part
>of this, we use the ALIAS function to ALIAS the return key for the tab key
>which is used inside the super invoice template. This has been working
>really well up until now. We know it works with Clarion 1.5 16 bit
>applications but now we are comoiling 32 bit applications and are using
>Clarion 2.00201 and now find that it causes troubles. If we use tab key, it
>works fine. If we use the ALIAS return key, the screen can completely lock
>up for up to 10 seconds before moving to the next field.

Are you manually ALIASing the EnterKey yourself, or letting the
template do it for you?

Catch you later!

-=> Mike Hanson, BoxSoft <=-

Sun, 29 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Super Invoice Template Question

2. Super Tagging and Super Invoice

3. Record order in browse box using Super Invoice

4. Super Invoice .vs. PowerBrowse

5. Funny thing happening with Super Invoice

6. super, aliases, defadvice, AOP, and so on

7. Need Template for invoice screen

8. Invoice template for Word

9. Parent/Child (Invoice) Template needed

10. Invoice total on last page of invoice only

11. Boxsoft Super Templates

12. Detecting Alias files in a template