Opening windows iconized
Author Message
 Opening windows iconized

Hello all,

I run into an strange problem when opening windows iconized.

It is a resizable window with an icon (so it can be iconified), it is called
via START() from a Menu Frame, and it has set "Open as Iconized".
When the window is opened, no icon is displayed; instead, a quite large area
at the bottom of the screen is painted with the Windows desktop background.
Curiously, that area is considerably wider than the window's icon. Clicking
anywhere on that area will produce the system menu of the window. Restoring
the window will produce the window just as it should, and iconizing the
window again will paint a neat little icon just as one would expect.

Any suggestions on how to persuade the window to display its icon right from
the start?

TIA
-Joachim
Joachim Durchholz, +49(9132)82-3150, speaking for himself, not for INA.
KOA, INA Werk Schaeffler, Industriestr.1-3, D-91074 Herzogenaurach

Sat, 19 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Opening windows iconized

Quote:

>Any suggestions on how to persuade the window to display its icon right from
>the start?

>TIA
>-Joachim

Sounds like something's happening before it should be. Maybe you're (or
the AppGen's code is) iconizing it before the window is fully opened?
Check your embeds. I would suggest in the embed 'After Opening Window'
you have the code:
        Post(Event:Iconize)

I'm not sure where you got the check for 'Open Window Iconized'. Is this
on the procedure properties?
Easi-Move Software Ltd.
Bordon                  Sales:   (+44) 1420 475462
Hampshire               Support: (+44) 1420 473355

Mon, 21 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. WIN2K: frame open right but MDI windows are iconized and if resized are empy

2. How to open the application iconized ...

3. Iconize application from midi window

4. delayed window restore from iconized

5. Iconizing AppFrame from a child window

6. Iconized windows dissappearing in my app.

7. Error after restoring iconized window

8. detecting withdrawn versus iconized window

9. Realbasic opens a window without a NewDocument event on opening the application

10. multiple open windows of the same window class

11. Window Open() refuses to accept Window.Left changes?

12. Error opening window on Window NT