Editing part of a record in InLine Editing
Author Message
 Editing part of a record in InLine Editing

I need to be able to do the following:

A couple of fields on a record are constant (for that batch entry), whilst
some other fields are variable (i.e. you set From Account no. in the
"constant" section, and To Account no. in the "variable" section - however,
there can be more than one To Account).

The variable fields I would like to be able to edit in a browse box using
InLine editing.

I tried to set the constant fields using local variables as use variables,
and then on the Before Insert Record in the browse box I'd set the local
variables to the fields in the file.  However, a local variable can't be
used in the PowerBrowse embed points...(or so it seems - I get an Unknown
Variable error msg.)  I could use gloabl variables, but I'd like to avoid
that...

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

Morten F. Thomsen
Senior Systemutvikler
daTax Software AS
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 04 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing part of a record in InLine Editing

If you want to avoid global variables and local variables are not good enough, how about using module specific variables?

Geir.

[...]

http://www.datax.no/

Fri, 04 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing part of a record in InLine Editing

The reason why you can't use local variables in PowerBrowse is because the
InLine Editing is handled by another procedure, within your Browse
procedure, and I don't recall a data embed for this procedure.  Maybe you
could add one, or perhaps use global variables.

Cheers,  Geoff B

Quote:
>If you want to avoid global variables and local variables are not good

enough, how about using module specific variables?
Quote:

>Geir.

>I need to be able to do the following:

>A couple of fields on a record are constant (for that batch entry), whilst
>some other fields are variable (i.e. you set From Account no. in the
>"constant" section, and To Account no. in the "variable" section - however,
>there can be more than one To Account).

>The variable fields I would like to be able to edit in a browse box using
>InLine editing.

>I tried to set the constant fields using local variables as use variables,
>and then on the Before Insert Record in the browse box I'd set the local
>variables to the fields in the file.  However, a local variable can't be
>used in the PowerBrowse embed points...(or so it seems - I get an Unknown
>Variable error msg.)  I could use gloabl variables, but I'd like to avoid
>that...

>Does anyone have any suggestions ?

>Morten F. Thomsen
>Senior Systemutvikler
>daTax Software AS
>http://www.datax.no/

       _______________________________

                Geoff Bomford
                 ComForMark
       Computer services For Marketing

            Phone: 612 9997 4251
            Sydney,    Australia
       _______________________________

Mon, 07 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Editing part of a record in InLine Editing
Hi Morten and Georges,

To use PowerBrowse in line editing you have to setup MODULE variables, so that they are
not Locales, nor Globales....<g>

To do that, pass in modules views in the procedures tree, then with the module
highlighted, press on properties' button, then embeds' button. There is only one embed,
datas....

HTH,

Le Fri, 21 Jun 1996 16:54:55 +1000 (EST), vous avez crit :

-->The reason why you can't use local variables in PowerBrowse is because the
-->InLine Editing is handled by another procedure, within your Browse
-->procedure, and I don't recall a data embed for this procedure.  Maybe you
-->could add one, or perhaps use global variables.
-->
-->Cheers,  Geoff B
-->
-->

-->>If you want to avoid global variables and local variables are not good
-->enough, how about using module specific variables?
-->>
-->>Geir.
-->>

-->>
[...]
-->       _______________________________
-->
-->                Geoff Bomford
-->                 ComForMark
-->       Computer services For Marketing
-->
-->            Phone: 612 9997 4251
-->            Sydney,    Australia
-->       _______________________________
-->

Bernard Grosperrin - BG Consultants - Team Topspeed Internet
'Just trying to do my best with THE best tool'
at %T^H^H^H on %D using OzWin II v%V

Tue, 15 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Prohibit editing records when already being edited

2. Edit drop list Edit in place - problem

3. Can not edit my program, I know about edit mode

4. Real Editing w/ E edit descriptor question

5. Listbox inline edit problems

6. Inline Editing for C5 Legacy

7. Inline editing

8. C4 inline edit