No Bind 801 View Open Error
Author Message
 No Bind 801 View Open Error

I have ONE user who reported this error. The user says she gets the error on
three machines. However, nobody else can duplicate it. This is a very large
application written in CW 2003. The error is not fatal - one must step through
many windows that pop up - all are Forms - and eventually the program resumes
where it left off before displaying the error message.

Is this a Windows error or something in CW?

Thanks in advance.
John Sawyer

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
My suggestion is as follows:
1) Sit down with the user who gets this error
2) Write down what they do
3) Go to your machine and do the same. You SHOULD get this error.
4) Look at what you did and see which field(s) you are accessing
5) In the offending proc, BIND these either is the procedure set up or
by using the properties tab.

HTH!

Quote:

> I have ONE user who reported this error. The user says she gets the error on
> three machines. However, nobody else can duplicate it. This is a very large
> application written in CW 2003. The error is not fatal - one must step through
> many windows that pop up - all are Forms - and eventually the program resumes
> where it left off before displaying the error message.

> Is this a Windows error or something in CW?

> Thanks in advance.
> John Sawyer

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
This error i know by heart , in my case it occured when going from browse
to another procedure  form or window made no difference ,  when going back
from that procedure using the return command instead of the proper do
procedurereturn.

After figuring this out i have not seen the 801

        Warm regards

                Elli

Quote:
> I have ONE user who reported this error. The user says she gets the error
on
> three machines. However, nobody else can duplicate it. This is a very
large
> application written in CW 2003. The error is not fatal - one must step
through
> many windows that pop up - all are Forms - and eventually the program
resumes
> where it left off before displaying the error message.

> Is this a Windows error or something in CW?

> Thanks in advance.
> John Sawyer

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
P.S

sometimes i have needed to bind the local variables used to keed the
filtering values rather than the actual data fields thart are being
filtered , dont ask me why but this i have seen.

Quote:
> I have ONE user who reported this error. The user says she gets the error
on
> three machines. However, nobody else can duplicate it. This is a very
large
> application written in CW 2003. The error is not fatal - one must step
through
> many windows that pop up - all are Forms - and eventually the program
resumes
> where it left off before displaying the error message.

> Is this a Windows error or something in CW?

> Thanks in advance.
> John Sawyer

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
I know this well too,  One time it occurred was when I aborted a print
job using the following code in procedure setup:

    if not PRINTERDIALOG('CHOOSE PRINTER') THEN RETURN.

I changed it to the following and everything worked fine:

    if not PRINTERDIALOG('CHOOSE PRINTER') THEN do procedureRETURN.

--
regards,

chris

Quote:

> I have ONE user who reported this error. The user says she gets the error on
> three machines. However, nobody else can duplicate it. This is a very large
> application written in CW 2003. The error is not fatal - one must step through
> many windows that pop up - all are Forms - and eventually the program resumes
> where it left off before displaying the error message.

> Is this a Windows error or something in CW?

> Thanks in advance.
> John Sawyer

Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
Thanks for your valuable assistance!

I am probably just RETURNing instead of  DO procedureRETURN. The original code
was ported from Clarion DOS versions.

I still don't see why this would occur with only one user out of several
huindred - but what the heck.

Thanks again,
John Sawyer

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
Thanks for your valuable assistance! The problem you described sounds very much
like what my user is experiencing.

This must be my problem too. The original code was in Clarion DOS versions
where simple RETURNs worked. I am checking the code for errant RETURNs and
replacing with Do procedureRETURN.

I still don't see why this would occur with only one user out of several
hundred - but what the heck, perhaps she is doing something different than
everyone else.

Thanks again,
John Sawyer

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 No Bind 801 View Open Error
Thanks for your valuable assistance! My user in across the country, but I will
set up a phone call and walk through it with her. She must be doing something
unexpected to be the only one expereincing the error. I guess this is waht
Quality Assurance is all about.

Thanks especially for the step by step suggestions.

Thanks again,
John Sawyer

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

2. File not open (37) and No Bind on variable (801)errors

3. Error 801 in view filter

4. Error: (No Bind on variable(801))

5. 801 No Bind Error

6. Bind 801 error only on 1 record.

7. Error No Bind on variable 801

8. Argh - 801 Bind error again

9. No BIND on variable (801 error

10. 801 BIND ERROR

11. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)

12. ERROR message No Bind on variable(801)