how to prototype VB function
Author Message
 how to prototype VB function

I have a VB dll that I need to call from clarion. The function
declarations in VB are as follows:

Public Type registro_CURP
    curp As String * 19
    archivokey As String * 128
    password As String * 20
End Type

struct struct_curps {
                                char    curp[19],
                                        archivokey[128],
                                        password[20];
                             }

strArchKEY As String, ByRef CURPS() As registro_CURP) As Long
Declare Function GeneraFirmaDigital Lib "sgenc32" Alias

registro_CURP) As Long

How can I prototype this in Clarion?

TIA.

Sun, 15 May 2005 05:30:21 GMT
 how to prototype VB function

Quote:
> I have a VB dll that I need to call from clarion. The function
> declarations in VB are as follows:

> Public Type registro_CURP
>     curp As String * 19
>     archivokey As String * 128
>     password As String * 20
> End Type

> struct struct_curps {
> char curp[19],
> archivokey[128],
> password[20];
>              }

(ByVal
> strArchKEY As String, ByRef CURPS() As registro_CURP) As Long
> Declare Function GeneraFirmaDigital Lib "sgenc32" Alias

As
> registro_CURP) As Long

> How can I prototype this in Clarion?

Unless something has changed recently, you can't.   VB doesn't create
standard DLLs like CW does, only ActiveX DLLs, which means you can't
easily call the procedures in a VB DLL from CW

Get a copy of depends.exe from www.dependencywalker.com and look at
the procedures the dll exports and you'll see what I mean.
--
Paul Attryde
www.attryde.com/clarion

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:03:20 GMT
 how to prototype VB function

Hi,

1) Create agenc32.lib file with libmaker

2) Prototype groups
registro_CURP group,type
curp         cstring(19)
archivokey cstring(128)
password cstring(20)
  End

3)
 BuscaCurps(*CSTRING strArchKEY, *registro_CURP

GeneraFirmaDigital" (*cstring strArchOrig, *registro_CURP

HTH
--
Leonid Chudakov

Cool tools and Clarion examples at
http://www.klarisoft.com
http://members.tripod.com/cwstuff/clarion_products.htm

Quote:
> I have a VB dll that I need to call from clarion. The function
> declarations in VB are as follows:

> Public Type registro_CURP
>     curp As String * 19
>     archivokey As String * 128
>     password As String * 20
> End Type

> struct struct_curps {
> char curp[19],
> archivokey[128],
> password[20];
>              }

> strArchKEY As String, ByRef CURPS() As registro_CURP) As Long
> Declare Function GeneraFirmaDigital Lib "sgenc32" Alias

> registro_CURP) As Long

> How can I prototype this in Clarion?

> TIA.

Sun, 15 May 2005 23:03:30 GMT

1. Need CW Prototype equivalent for VB function

2. Clarion function prototypes for SPGP pgp wrapper functions

3. Translating VB prototypes to CW

4. Help me with converting VB prototypes

5. converting VB prototypes, types and constants to clarion

6. What might be equivalent clarion function for vb function IIF()

7. Catalyst to ship CW prototypes with SocketTools Library - A call for CW prototypes

8. Creating a prototype node instance within another prototype.

9. Prototype Callback function

10. Prototype for all Win32.lib functions

11. Api calls Where I can found C function prototypes

12. Calling functions from a non-Clarion DLL, what embed for the prototypes