Saving Excel Sheets to CSV etc...
Author Message
 Saving Excel Sheets to CSV etc...

In my application,I want to be able to compose files ad-hoc so that
the user can select the fields he wants to view and save them in a
text file.
Since the no of fields in each record is variable I cannot use the
Basic driver to export this data into comma, tab or other delimited
type text file. I am also giving the user the option of selecting the
delimiter he wants eg comma,semi-colon,tab or other.
So I am opening Excel and populating the cells with the fields the
user has
selected.

My problem is this: How can I save the sheet in a delimited file from
Excel ?
By default '?Ole{Applic......SaveAs(Filname)' saves the file in excel.

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:43:02 GMT
 Saving Excel Sheets to CSV etc...
Hi Jesmond,

Use the ASCII driver with one long string.  Place the delimiters in
the file yourself as youloop thru the selected fields.

Quote:

>In my application,I want to be able to compose files ad-hoc so that
>the user can select the fields he wants to view and save them in a
>text file.
>Since the no of fields in each record is variable I cannot use the
>Basic driver to export this data into comma, tab or other delimited
>type text file. I am also giving the user the option of selecting the
>delimiter he wants eg comma,semi-colon,tab or other.
>So I am opening Excel and populating the cells with the fields the
>user has
>selected.

>My problem is this: How can I save the sheet in a delimited file from
>Excel ?
>By default '?Ole{Applic......SaveAs(Filname)' saves the file in excel.

Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:53:00 GMT

1. saving a excel sheet as a csv file

2. Excel toolkit --excel save.vi is broken arrow

3. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

4. PEP305 csv package: from csv import csv?

5. Excel Sheets

6. DDE - Create new sheets in Excel

7. Accessing EXCEL sheets via ODBC

8. Put array into Excel-sheet

9. changing active excel sheet

10. Excel 2000/97 multiple sheets

11. writing data to different sheets within the same Excel file

12. Read Excel Sheet with Labview