help:displaying user/login name
Author Message
 help:displaying user/login name

Hi there..
can anyone assist me with some API  code :
i need to retrieve the user/logon name from a windows 95 PC using a NT server
the GetEnvironmentVariable does not work...
i tried using GetUserName but this does not work either
any help will be much needed
Thank You
Shabier Cassim
SITA
Western Cape
South Africa

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 help:displaying user/login name
there is a template you can use to return the user name
go to http://members.tripod.com/~tomruby/turnpike/ and hunt for the Win API
toolkit.   This is a free template set that has a template for getting the user
name from a Windows 95/98/NT computer
        Tim

Quote:

--
Tim Phillips
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. how to get current user's login name

2. User login/full name

3. Help: get login name

4. no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable

5. no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable -- ????

6. converting login name to an integer

7. windows NT login name

8. Netware login name

9. Novel login name

10. How to check login name under clipper?

11. Novell login name

12. Net login name