HELP!! Need help with browse window
Author Message
 HELP!! Need help with browse window

I have a browse window and am scrolling a list of names. Within the record
of names I have a memo field that describes the name. I have the memo
field displayed in the same window as the browse list of names. I want to
be able to update the memo display each time the user clicks on a
different display, displaying the contents of the memo field for the
selected record. I CAN'T find the embed point to perform this operation.
Or should I even need to use an embed point? Any help would be greatly
app. Thanks, please email me at:

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!! Need help with browse window

>I have a browse window and am scrolling a list of names. Within the record
>of names I have a memo field that describes the name. I have the memo
>field displayed in the same window as the browse list of names. I want to
>be able to update the memo display each time the user clicks on a

Make the memo a hot field and the browse Immediate and it should
work...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!! Need help with browse window

Quote:
>I have a browse window and am scrolling a list of names. Within the record
>of names I have a memo field that describes the name. I have the memo
>field displayed in the same window as the browse list of names. I want to
>be able to update the memo display each time the user clicks on a
>different display, displaying the contents of the memo field for the
>selected record. I CAN'T find the embed point to perform this operation.
>Or should I even need to use an embed point? Any help would be greatly
>app. Thanks, please email me at:

You should be able to select the field as a hot field and that will
take care of it. Is that under the Browse actions tab? I can't
remember... Just check in the user manual for hot fields.

        -Tom.

Tue, 28 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP!! Need help with browse window

Make the memo field a Hot field for you list box.  Actions/Hotfields menu for the list
control.

Quote:
>I have a browse window and am scrolling a list of names. Within the record
>of names I have a memo field that describes the name. I have the memo
>field displayed in the same window as the browse list of names. I want to
>be able to update the memo display each time the user clicks on a
>different display, displaying the contents of the memo field for the
>selected record. I CAN'T find the embed point to perform this operation.
>Or should I even need to use an embed point? Any help would be greatly
>app. Thanks, please email me at:

Geoff Bomford
ComForMark
Computer services For Marketing
Sydney,  Australia

Thu, 30 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

2. Need help with ISE Personal Eiffel for Windows in Windows 95

3. Help needed for window operations using Common Lisp under X-windows

4. help needed with browses

5. File Browse Filtering Problem - Need Help!

6. I need help with enableing incremental locator in empty browse box

7. Help needed with a Browse

8. Need help with tab controls on browse cw2003

9. Need help with search/browse function

10. Need Help With Browse!!!

11. Need Help with problem browsing Topspeed files with Clarion 2.003

12. Need Help Resetting Browse Box Views while using Entry Locator