Carrying Application to other PC.
Author Message
 Carrying Application to other PC.

I have developed a simple C5.0PE application using Topspeed Files. I
have moved application and dictionary to another PC. The target PC has
the C5.0PE too.  Making and running the applicaiton, I see that is too slow.
I can see any differnce but I can't explain it.
Any help will be welcome.
Spyros Kremastiotis

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:00:50 GMT
 Carrying Application to other PC.
Hi Spyros,

I am not sure just *what* is too slow, the app, the PC, or making the app
with the IDE.  Lots of things can affect speeds of various things in various
ways.  A better and more specific explanation would help a lot.

--
Earl R. Coker
www.kwiksystems.com

Quote:
> I have developed a simple C5.0PE application using Topspeed Files. I
> have moved application and dictionary to another PC. The target PC has
> the C5.0PE too.  Making and running the applicaiton, I see that is too
slow.
> I can see any differnce but I can't explain it.
> Any help will be welcome.
> Spyros Kremastiotis

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 06:07:42 GMT
 Carrying Application to other PC.
The MOST common speed difference I know is the amount of RAM available.  All
versions of Clarion very effectively use all the RAM they can find.  No
matter what else is different between the two computers, the one with less
RAM will probably be MUCH slower.
--
Kent V. Busse, J.D.
A:COMPUTER.WIZ

  Outsourcing for results!

Quote:
> I have developed a simple C5.0PE application using Topspeed Files. I
> have moved application and dictionary to another PC. The target PC has
> the C5.0PE too.  Making and running the applicaiton, I see that is too
slow.
> I can see any differnce but I can't explain it.
> Any help will be welcome.
> Spyros Kremastiotis

Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:19:47 GMT
 Carrying Application to other PC.

Hi Eart,
You have right, I didn't explain "what" is too slow. When I run the exe
file on the target PC, I have noticed that in Browses the data come too
slow,  and when I want to see another tab (for exampe Per Name, or Per
Company) the same it happens.
If I build a new similar (and simple) Application on the target PC
everything goes well.
Thanks
Spyros

Quote:

> Hi Spyros,

> I am not sure just *what* is too slow, the app, the PC, or making the app
> with the IDE.  Lots of things can affect speeds of various things in various
> ways.  A better and more specific explanation would help a lot.

> --
> Earl R. Coker
> www.kwiksystems.com

>> I have developed a simple C5.0PE application using Topspeed Files. I
>> have moved application and dictionary to another PC. The target PC has
>> the C5.0PE too.  Making and running the applicaiton, I see that is too

> slow.

>> I can see any differnce but I can't explain it.
>> Any help will be welcome.
>> Spyros Kremastiotis

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:11:21 GMT

1. F-PC tutor or others?

2. Carry Lookahead Adder / manchester carry

3. MCL (and others) and application size/speed questions

4. VW2.0 (PC) usable for large applications?

5. PC applications built with RB crash

6. Clarion 5.5PE Legacy application and PC Charge

7. Porting VisualWorks applications - PC <-> Mac

8. Detecting remote run of application - PC Anywhere

9. Turnkey applications in F-PC

10. PC slows down after a while when running labview application

11. FPC applications for the PC

12. Help!: problem with fast timing for real-time application on PC