How to check if LOGOUT is active
Author Message
 How to check if LOGOUT is active

I need a way to check if logout is already active without calling logout &
checking the errorlevel.

I am using Legacy C5.

Thanks.

Tony Patrick

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Hi Tony,

Quote:
>I need a way to check if logout is already active without calling logout &
>checking the errorlevel.

From what Scott has said, it seems not to be possible to check it
unless you call logout and check for error.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Thanks Arnor,

I didn't think so, but I figure if you don't know, then no-one does.

Tony

Quote:

>Hi Tony,

>>I need a way to check if logout is already active without calling logout &
>>checking the errorlevel.

>From what Scott has said, it seems not to be possible to check it
>unless you call logout and check for error.

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
>http://www.icetips.com
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Arnor,

Sound very pressurising huh!!

<g>.

Thanks.

Kelvin Chua
SINGAPORE

Quote:
> Thanks Arnor,

> I didn't think so, but I figure if you don't know, then no-one does.

> Tony

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Hi Tony,

Quote:
>I didn't think so, but I figure if you don't know, then no-one does.

Don't know much about this, but if Scott tells me there isn't, I
certainly take his word for it<g>

On the other hand you _can_ check if it's active by calling it and
check for error codes:

Logout(1,MyFile)
Case ErrorCode()
Of 0
  Commit  ! Unlog it
  Message('It wasn''t logged out')
Of 32
  Message('It''s already logged out')
Else
  Message('Error returned: ' & ErrorCode())
End

Don't know if it's suitable or if there are pitfalls...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Sun, 14 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Thanks again Arnor,

That was similar to the code I have, though I was returning a BOOL.

I was only wondering if there was any alternative, but I guess there isn't.

Tony

Quote:

>Hi Tony,

>>I didn't think so, but I figure if you don't know, then no-one does.

>Don't know much about this, but if Scott tells me there isn't, I
>certainly take his word for it<g>

>On the other hand you _can_ check if it's active by calling it and
>check for error codes:

>Logout(1,MyFile)
>Case ErrorCode()
>Of 0
>  Commit  ! Unlog it
>  Message('It wasn''t logged out')
>Of 32
>  Message('It''s already logged out')
>Else
>  Message('Error returned: ' & ErrorCode())
>End

>Don't know if it's suitable or if there are pitfalls...

>Best regards,

>Arnor Baldvinsson
>[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
>Allerup Edb
>Denmark

>Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
>http://www.icetips.com
>UIN nr.: 2428601

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How to check if LOGOUT is active
Hi Tony,

Quote:
>That was similar to the code I have, though I was returning a BOOL.

>I was only wondering if there was any alternative, but I guess there isn't.

Doesn't seem so.  It would be nice to have a function to get the files
that are currently logged out - might be useful...

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. "Logout not Active"

2. LOGOUT Already Active (56) - why ?

3. LOGOUT Already Active (56)

4. I am looking for a VI that login and logout users to a main VI.

5. LOGOUT Already Active (56) - why am I getting this???

6. I am having problems setting the page break through Active X

7. Check COM 1 active

8. Check for active nodes?

9. Checking AM or PM

10. I am stuk CHECK my Code - access.txt (0/1)

11. Active database objects and Active X

12. I am not deaf, but am I mute?