Another File Manager 2 Question?
Author Message
 Another File Manager 2 Question?

Hey Eric:

Thank you so much for your assistance but I need you again.  I followed your
instructions but after I register the FM2 template and then go to
'Application' on the main IDE menu and then select 'Template Utility' I
don't see the Class FM2 - File Manager 2 - Support ABC like you said in your
#2 step.  What am I doing wrong?  I am getting very frustrated.  I hate to
keep bothering you but I don't know where to turn.  Any suggestions will be
much appreciated.  Also did you have to edit the template in any way by
adding FAMILY('ABC') to the first line?.   The reason I thought I needed
this was because when I added a key in my dictionary (I needed to sort on
another field) and tried to convert the dictionary I keep getting error3
path not found and then I lose my data.  I was hoping that File Manager 2
would keep this from happening.

Tony

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Another File Manager 2 Question?
Hi Tony

I think you will have to wait until you can contact Capesoft! Have you got a
recent version of FM2?  I have just re-checked my own set up, and whether I have
an app  that is clarion or ABC 16 or 32 bit I still see the class fm2 - File
Manager 2 - Support ABC.

Perhaps you should re-install FM2?? Have you looked at the documentation? The
latest version puts it under Accessories - Help - File Manager 2, but you can
find it under Windows Start - Programs - Clarion 5 Accessories - File Manager 2
- FM2 Docs. If you don't have the latest version I seem to remember that you
could find the help under either the Clarion directory or the bin directory.

But I don't have an answer. According to the docs you have to open any
application before setting the path as I described.

All I can say is that it works for me and you should just hang in there and have
patience because it will all be worth it!

Best wishes

Quote:

--
Eric Churton (Simplified Software)
Quote:
>From DURBAN, South Africa, where THE FUN NEVER SETS

http://www.vertigo.co.za/simplesoft/

Sat, 09 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Another File Manager 2 Question?

Quote:
> Perhaps you should re-install FM2?? Have you looked at the documentation? The
> latest version puts it under Accessories - Help - File Manager 2, but you can
> find it under Windows Start - Programs - Clarion 5 Accessories - File Manager 2
> - FM2 Docs. If you don't have the latest version I seem to remember that you
> could find the help under either the Clarion directory or the bin directory.

The menu path is the same but the docs are now in html format.
Quote:
> But I don't have an answer. According to the docs you have to open any
> application before setting the path as I described.

Sun, 10 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. File Manager 2 Question

2. File Manager 2 Question Again

3. Locus File Manager Question

4. File Conversion with File Manager on Huge files

5. File Manager 2 released (Automatic File Upgrading (inc TPS))

6. Use File manager to REBUILD files

7. File link manager?

8. Flat file manager

9. File Manager 2