Drop combo - restore to blank condition
Author Message
 Drop combo - restore to blank condition

 I know I can't be the first guy to ask this, but I can't find reference
to it in the archives of this newsgroup.

C5b - PE - ABC
  I'm using a file loaded drop combo to select a filter for a browse box
on the same screen display.  It all works fine. When the thing first
opens, the drop combo is blank and the big browse displays all records,
as it should.  If I select 'category A' from my drop combo, the big
browse now shows me only the 'A' customers.

  The problem is that I can't get the drop combo back to the blank
condition to display all.  As a work around, I have a 'category 0'
(zero) in my categories file with a description of 'display all'.

Is there a better way to do this?

        Ron K.

--
Emoveray ethay igpay atinlay otay eplyray

Fri, 05 Dec 2003 02:57:53 GMT
 Drop combo - restore to blank condition
Hi Ron,
try this :
TheVariableDisplayedInYourCombo = ''
display(?ComboControlName)

HTH

Ralf

Quote:

> I know I can't be the first guy to ask this, but I can't find reference
> to it in the archives of this newsgroup.

> C5b - PE - ABC
>   I'm using a file loaded drop combo to select a filter for a browse box
> on the same screen display.  It all works fine. When the thing first
> opens, the drop combo is blank and the big browse displays all records,
> as it should.  If I select 'category A' from my drop combo, the big
> browse now shows me only the 'A' customers.

>   The problem is that I can't get the drop combo back to the blank
> condition to display all.  As a work around, I have a 'category 0'
> (zero) in my categories file with a description of 'display all'.

> Is there a better way to do this?

>         Ron K.

Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:53:57 GMT

1. Drop combo related to another drop combo

2. Drop Combo dependent on another drop combo

3. Drop Combo - can't get back a to blank field

4. Blanking Drop Combo - C5b

5. Drop Combo to Auto Drop

6. Restoring Dropped Components In APL+WIN File

7. AddOn for Blank record in File Loaded Drop Box

8. Blank selection in drop-down list

9. Drop Down Combo Box Issue?

10. File Drop Combo with ODBC file

11. File Drop Combo Filter Problems

12. Remove duplicates entries not working on file drop combo box