two listbox updates on one browse
Author Message
 two listbox updates on one browse

L.S.
In cw1.501 i have the following problem on which i apperciate any help.
I have a browse with two listboxen showing two related files.
The first is a 'customer' like file and the second is a 'order' like file.
A record in the customer has to made first before you can add a order
record.
If i insert a new customer and thereafter insert a order (i have two insert
buttons
on the browse) and then close the browse; a empty update form for
the order file is visible.
This update form does not accept an OK on the form but only a Cancel.

How can i prevent this form from appearing ?
Any reaction verry much appreciated
Arthur Dijkstra

Tue, 02 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 two listbox updates on one browse

Quote:

> L.S.
> In cw1.501 i have the following problem on which i apperciate any help.
> I have a browse with two listboxen showing two related files.
> The first is a 'customer' like file and the second is a 'order' like file.
> A record in the customer has to made first before you can add a order
> record.
> If i insert a new customer and thereafter insert a order (i have two insert
> buttons
> on the browse) and then close the browse; a empty update form for
> the order file is visible.
> This update form does not accept an OK on the form but only a Cancel.

> How can i prevent this form from appearing ?
> Any reaction verry much appreciated
> Arthur Dijkstra

maybe you are calling the update form through an embed point?  I think
the blank update form requiring cancel is probably due to the lack of
required fields being completed in the form when trying to press ok.

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 two listbox updates on one browse

Quote:

>L.S.
>In cw1.501 i have the following problem on which i apperciate any help.
>I have a browse with two listboxen showing two related files.
>The first is a 'customer' like file and the second is a 'order' like file.
>A record in the customer has to made first before you can add a order
>record.
>If i insert a new customer and thereafter insert a order (i have two insert
>buttons
>on the browse) and then close the browse; a empty update form for
>the order file is visible.
>This update form does not accept an OK on the form but only a Cancel.
>How can i prevent this form from appearing ?
>Any reaction verry much appreciated
>Arthur Dijkstra

If you have a form left *after* you close the browse, then I think you
must have started a window somewhere on its own thred -- i.e. it is
not a child of the parent browse.  If your normal update form seems to
be working, I agree with the other comment, and suspect you added the
extra call to the update form in some embed point (rather than just
using the Browse Update button template).
----------------------
Jon Waterhouse
Andy Rowe Consultants,
St. John's NF

Fri, 05 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Two browse tables, one update form

2. Linking Two Browse Listboxes

3. different filters on one browse or multiple browse windows in one main window

4. One Scrollbar for two listboxes??

5. one scrollbar for two listboxes?

6. one scrollbar for two listboxes?

7. Scrolling two listboxes with one scrollbar?

8. two listboxes, one highlight

9. Two listboxes, one vert scrollbar

10. Two browses one Window

11. ABC Browse - Two related files in one window

12. Two data files in one browse?