Automated test tools with Clarion ?
Author Message
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?

I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there an
increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.  Anyone
doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

Thanks, Scott

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:12:27 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?
Hi Scott,
I am using WinTask Lite from TaskWare www.wintask.com.
It has a powerful macro language (vb-like), can record clarion sessions and
even read data from an ascii-file and send it to a clarion app (for i.e.
test data entry). I tested most of the files you'll find in the following
list:
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Shareware/Windows/...
es/Automation/
and preferred WinTask.
Regards,
Michael

Quote:
> I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there an
> increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
> Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
> something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.  Anyone
> doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

> Thanks, Scott

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:50:19 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?

Quote:

> I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there an
> increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
> Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
> something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.  Anyone
> doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

> Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott

I recently started having the same problems and started development of
a template set that does this for me. I just add it to the procedures
I want to automate and when run, it will automate the entire process
(lookups included) just as if it was captured by hand. This is useful
when you need lots of data to test reports etc.

Cheers
Johan

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:51:48 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?
Johan,

Will this template be released for the Clarion Community?
If so, any idea on pricing  etc. ?

Thanks,

Roel

Quote:
> > I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there
an
> > increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
> > Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
> > something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.  Anyone
> > doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

> > Thanks, Scott

> Hi Scott

> I recently started having the same problems and started development of
> a template set that does this for me. I just add it to the procedures
> I want to automate and when run, it will automate the entire process
> (lookups included) just as if it was captured by hand. This is useful
> when you need lots of data to test reports etc.

> Cheers
> Johan

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:13:55 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?
That may well be the best solution, but it looks like wintask wasn't really
designed to be a test tool, but you are using it for that nonetheless.  Also
looks like all the tools in
http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Shareware/Windows/...
es/Automation/
are all schedulers, etc much like wintask.  Did you test any bonafide QA
test tools?  (Perhaps they are overkill)

Thanks, Scott

Quote:
> Hi Scott,
> I am using WinTask Lite from TaskWare www.wintask.com.
> It has a powerful macro language (vb-like), can record clarion sessions
and
> even read data from an ascii-file and send it to a clarion app (for i.e.
> test data entry). I tested most of the files you'll find in the following
> list:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Shareware/Windows/...
Quote:
> es/Automation/
> and preferred WinTask.
> Regards,
> Michael

> > I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there
an
> > increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
> > Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
> > something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.  Anyone
> > doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

> > Thanks, Scott

Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:25:03 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?
Hi Scott,
actually you are right, but when I did my search I had the impression that
regression test tools are nothing more than Macro recorders with a bit
overhead. The regression tools I cheched (mercury and so on) cost about
3000$ while Wintask costs $99.
Here you see as an example one of my macro which opens several windows,
enters data and saves  it. At the beginning you see how to read data from an
ascii file

rem Read("o:\mike.txt",result$,CRLF)
read("d:\task.txt",zimmer$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",kat$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",zimmertyp$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",optionsdatum$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",komm$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",ek$,"|")
read("d:\task.txt",vk$,"|")
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaWin8388608Class2|Agenturmanager",1)
 Choo{*filter*}u(Normal,"&Verkauf|&Reservierungsanfragen")

a=0
repeat
pause 2
myname=random(26)
name$=chr$(myname+65)
a=a+1

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaRadio|Nein",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaText|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<F2>")

pause 2
rem Auswahl Name aus Adressliste
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Adressverwaltung: ",1)
 SendKeys(name$)
 SendKeys("<Enter>")

rem Anfragetyp
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaText|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt t>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaDrop|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Down><Down><Tab>")

rem Ereignisauswahl
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<alt e><F2>")

pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Liste|1",1)
 SendKeys(name$)
 SendKeys("<Enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<alt s>Dies ist eine automatisch generierte Anfrage")

rem Eingabe der Zahlungskonditionen
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/83/|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt z><Alt n>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/83/|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt d>")
 SendKeys("1<alt b>")
 SendKeys("<Down><Down><Down><Tab><enter>")

rem Eingabe Wunsch
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/89/|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt u>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsanfragedetails|1",1)
 SendKeys("<alt a>10")
 SendKeys("<alt g>dd<tab>")
 SendKeys("<alt z>100<enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/89/|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt u>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsanfragedetails|1",1)
 SendKeys("<alt a>20")
 SendKeys("<alt g>e<tab>")
 SendKeys("<alt z>200<enter>")

rem Eingabe Seite 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt 2>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|&Hotel",1)
 ClickMouse(Left,Down,25,11)
 ClickMouse(Left,Up,25,11)

pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Hotelverwaltung|1",1)
 SendKeys(name$)
 SendKeys("<Alt a>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|&Hotel",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt u>")

pause 2
rem Zimmer|Kat|Zimmertyp|Optionsdatm|Komm % |EK|VK
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt a>10")
 SendKeys("<Alt t>e")
 SendKeys("<Alt z>s")
 SendKeys("<Alt o>1.1.2002")
 SendKeys("<alt s>10")
 SendKeys("<alt e>100")
 SendKeys("<Alt k>100")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage L Emir in Frankfurt/Main Firma: K & F
International bvba|14",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt z>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaDrop|Agenturmanager|1",1)
 SendKeys("dd<Tab>")
 SendKeys("100<Tab>")
 SendKeys("200<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
 SendKeys("e<Tab>")
 SendKeys("150<Tab>")
 SendKeys("250<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|&Hotel",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt u>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt a>5")
 SendKeys("<Alt t>z")
 SendKeys("<Alt z>l")
 SendKeys("<Alt o>1.9.2001<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<alt s>10")
 SendKeys("<alt e>130<Alt k>230")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt z>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaDrop|Agenturmanager|1",1)
 SendKeys("dd<Tab>")
 SendKeys("111<Tab>")
 SendKeys("222<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
 SendKeys("e<Tab>")
 SendKeys("333<Tab>")
 SendKeys("444<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|&Hotel",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt u>")
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt a>15")
 SendKeys("<Alt t>dd")
 SendKeys("<Alt z>ss")
 SendKeys("<Alt o>1.9.2001<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<alt s>10")
 SendKeys("<alt e>100<Alt k>200")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt z>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaDrop|Agenturmanager|1",1)
 SendKeys("dd<Tab>")
 SendKeys("90<Tab>")
 SendKeys("110<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
 SendKeys("e<Tab>")
 SendKeys("180<Tab>")
 SendKeys("220<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Anfrage Ibis am Pl?rrer in Nrnberg Firma: K
& F International bvba|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt a>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Anfrage Ibis am Pl?rrer in Nrnberg Firma: K
& F International bvba|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/34/ACHEMA
2003|3",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Ibis am Pl?rrer in Nrnberg|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt l>1.1.2002<Tab>")
 SendKeys("<Alt d>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Buchen|1",1)
 SendKeys("1<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|OK",1)
 SendKeys("<Ctrl <Enter>>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Aachener Hof in Wiesbaden|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Kontingentdepositverwaltung|1",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt d>1<Alt p>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Kontingentdepositverwaltung|2",1)
 SendKeys("100<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Kontingentdepositverwaltung|7",1)
 SendKeys("1.1.2002<Tab><tab>")
 SendKeys("<Enter>")
 SendKeys("<alt o>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/34/ACHEMA
2003|3",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt 3>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaList|Reservierungsanfrage 2001/05/34/ACHEMA
2003|7",1)
 SendKeys("<Alt n>")
pause 2
UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsdepositverwaltung|1",1)
 SendKeys("1<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsdepositverwaltung|2",1)
 SendKeys("100<Tab>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaEdit|Reservierungsdepositverwaltung|8",1)
 SendKeys("1.1.2002<Enter>")

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|&OK",1)
 ClickMouse(Left,Down,26,15)
 ClickMouse(Left,Up,26,15)

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|#32770|Frage",1)
 Click(Button,"&No")

until a=3

UseWindow("AGENTUR.EXE|ClaButton|Schlie?en",1)
 ClickMouse(Left,Down,16,8)
 ClickMouse(Left,Up,16,8)
CaptureBitmap( "C:\Programme\WinTask\Scripts\res.bmp" )

Quote:
> That may well be the best solution, but it looks like wintask wasn't
really
> designed to be a test tool, but you are using it for that nonetheless.
Also
> looks like all the tools in

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Quote:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

> > es/Automation/
> > and preferred WinTask.
> > Regards,
> > Michael

> > > I am looking to improve the test process in an environment where there
> an
> > > increasing number of products and the schedule continues to tighten.
> > > Although there is no substitute for manual testing, I feel there is
> > > something to said for doing some automated regresssion tetsing.
Anyone
> > > doing that with Clarion?  What tools are you using ?

> > > Thanks, Scott

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:24:19 GMT
 Automated test tools with Clarion ?
Hi Roel

Sorry for the timely reply, I got a bit sidetracked.
I do plan to release the template once done. I do not write templates
fulltime, so I only get to work on it now-and-then, but as soon as it
is available I will post a message here on the newsgroups of where to
get it.

Cheers
Johan

Quote:
> Johan,

> Will this template be released for the Clarion Community?
> If so, any idea on pricing  etc. ?

> Thanks,

> Roel

Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:30:07 GMT

1. Automated Testing Tools for Clarion

2. VAST - Automated Testing Tools

3. VW 2.5 automated testing tools

4. Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

5. -Looking for Automated Test Tool

6. Need Automated (Smalltalk) software testing tool

7. VisualAge - Problems using Automated Testing Tool with VisualAge

8. Automated Testing Tools

9. Code Analysis and Automated Testing tools for FORTRAN

10. Automated testing tools for tcl/tk

11. Automated Testing Tools for Tcl/Tk

12. Automated Testing Tool with support for VA SmallTalk