How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Author Message
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

Hello people,

Is it possible to convert Clarion reports (WMF files) to RTF files?
I use Icetips Previewer (very nice product!!!) and want to add a new button
in the report previewer which converts the queue with WMF files to RTF
files. I have already added a WMF2PDF button on my report previewer which
converts the WMF files to PDF files. I use PDF-Tools for this which is also
a very good product.

So, how to convert WMF to RTF?

Thanks.

Best regards

Jeffrey Kuijt

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:16:39 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
A WMF file is a picture I believe, so you can't convert it to an rtf file...
(AFAIK)

--
Ronald
Compad

Checkout the XPMenu lookalike: www.compad-software.com/uk/developer

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:18:54 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Jeffrey,
you could check out vivid help's emailreport product.  www.vividhelp.com
it lets you put a report into a .rtf file, but it is put in there as a
placed image rather than editable text.
HTH
Dave Beggs

Quote:
> Hello people,

> Is it possible to convert Clarion reports (WMF files) to RTF files?
> I use Icetips Previewer (very nice product!!!) and want to add a new
button
> in the report previewer which converts the queue with WMF files to RTF
> files. I have already added a WMF2PDF button on my report previewer which
> converts the WMF files to PDF files. I use PDF-Tools for this which is
also
> a very good product.

> So, how to convert WMF to RTF?

> Thanks.

> Best regards

> Jeffrey Kuijt

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:15:10 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

Quote:
> A WMF file is a picture I believe, so you can't convert it to an rtf

file...

Well it is and it isn't a picture file.  Basically a WMF file is a list of
controls with associated properties (That's putting it in the clarion mind
set).  Along the lines of

Put this text here
put this line there
put a text box over there (Make its background colour light blue)
Put this image here
etc
etc
etc

Theoretically it should be possible to convert to RTF but RTF may not
support all of the formatting that was done in the WMF file.

Hope this helps

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:07:30 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Thanks, didn't know that.

Ronald
Compad

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:36:00 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

Quote:
> Hello people,

> Is it possible to convert Clarion reports (WMF files) to RTF files?
> I use Icetips Previewer (very nice product!!!) and want to add a new
button
> in the report previewer which converts the queue with WMF files to RTF
> files. I have already added a WMF2PDF button on my report previewer which
> converts the WMF files to PDF files. I use PDF-Tools for this which is
also
> a very good product.

> So, how to convert WMF to RTF?

Hello Jeffrey,

www.amyuni.com has a rtf-converter. Basically it's a printerdriver, so you
don't convert the wmf, but you print it to rtf. But maybe that's just what
you're looking for.

Greetings,

Marc

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:00:17 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
I've looked at that driver but they dont post a price and they dont say much
about what rtf features it supports.
Have you had any experience with it?  I'm particularly interested in what it
does with different page sizes, foots, headers, tables and over all how good
the conversion is for complex reports and documents.  All they talk about is
images.  I sent them an email about a month ago asking for this info and got
nothing.  I was impressed but not in a good way.  Very thankfull for any
specific information.  Maybe the thing to do is just buy the single user
version for testing.
jim kane

Quote:

> > Hello people,

> > Is it possible to convert Clarion reports (WMF files) to RTF files?
> > I use Icetips Previewer (very nice product!!!) and want to add a new
> button
> > in the report previewer which converts the queue with WMF files to RTF
> > files. I have already added a WMF2PDF button on my report previewer
which
> > converts the WMF files to PDF files. I use PDF-Tools for this which is
> also
> > a very good product.

> > So, how to convert WMF to RTF?

> Hello Jeffrey,

> www.amyuni.com has a rtf-converter. Basically it's a printerdriver, so you
> don't convert the wmf, but you print it to rtf. But maybe that's just what
> you're looking for.

> Greetings,

> Marc

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 06:49:40 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Hi Jim,

Quote:
> I've looked at that driver but they dont post a price and they dont say
much
> about what rtf features it supports.

I found prices by selecting the BUY option on the website and following
through the circus for a bit...

The Developers license for the RTF thingy is $2,400.00

Other than that one would have to buy print driver licenses for each client
using it.

HTH,

Charles Edmonds

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 08:10:58 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Can't you just insert a wmf INTO an rtf file?  Doesn't rtf support images?

Jim.

Quote:
> Hello people,

> Is it possible to convert Clarion reports (WMF files) to RTF files?
> I use Icetips Previewer (very nice product!!!) and want to add a new
button
> in the report previewer which converts the queue with WMF files to RTF
> files. I have already added a WMF2PDF button on my report previewer which
> converts the WMF files to PDF files. I use PDF-Tools for this which is
also
> a very good product.

> So, how to convert WMF to RTF?

> Thanks.

> Best regards

> Jeffrey Kuijt

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:03:36 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
thanks. better work really well for that price!
jim kane

Quote:
> Hi Jim,

> > I've looked at that driver but they dont post a price and they dont say
> much
> > about what rtf features it supports.

> I found prices by selecting the BUY option on the website and following
> through the circus for a bit...

> The Developers license for the RTF thingy is $2,400.00

> Other than that one would have to buy print driver licenses for each
client
> using it.

> HTH,

> Charles Edmonds

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 13:53:21 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

Quote:
> I've looked at that driver but they dont post a price and they dont say
much
> about what rtf features it supports.
> Have you had any experience with it?  I'm particularly interested in what
it
> does with different page sizes, foots, headers, tables and over all how
good
> the conversion is for complex reports and documents.  All they talk about
is
> images.  I sent them an email about a month ago asking for this info and
got
> nothing.  I was impressed but not in a good way.  Very thankfull for any
> specific information.  Maybe the thing to do is just buy the single user
> version for testing.
> jim kane

Jim,

Months, months ago i downloaded the demo-version, the pdf-converter and the
rtf-converter. Not the developers version, just the endusers-version. Some
endusers asked about this kind of possiblities and i ended up looking for
converters/drivers. The rtf-coverter worked just well with my reports. I
just had a look and it's still possible to download a demo version. The only
restruction was that it only converts 1 page. Som i don't know about the
developers vrsion, we mainly use Crystal Reports. Btw, for pdf conversion,
also have a look at http://www.fineprint.com.

Good luck,

Marc van Roosmalen

InforIT BV
www.inforit.nl

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:25:25 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?

Quote:
>better work really well for that price!

That was my take on it as well.  I'm not against spending that sort of money
when I really need to, but for that sort of $$$, I expect the "Starship
Enterprise", not the "Good Ship Lollypop".

;-)

Charles

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 00:19:33 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
Hi Jim,

Have you checked Vivid Help? http://www.vividhelp.com/index.htm
Their EmailReport comes with a wmf to rtf converter.

--

Best regards,
Maarten

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 02:16:35 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
I got an email from them today and it looks like the current developer price
is $750 which is much more reasonable.  We could preview then print the
files to rtf and send them over to work for editing.
jim Kane

Quote:

> >better work really well for that price!

> That was my take on it as well.  I'm not against spending that sort of
money
> when I really need to, but for that sort of $$$, I expect the "Starship
> Enterprise", not the "Good Ship Lollypop".

> ;-)

> Charles

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:38:32 GMT
 How to convert WMF files to RTF files?
thanks, I'll give the demo a try if my boss is willing to pay the $750
should it work well.
jim kane

Quote:

> > I've looked at that driver but they dont post a price and they dont say
> much
> > about what rtf features it supports.
> > Have you had any experience with it?  I'm particularly interested in
what
> it
> > does with different page sizes, foots, headers, tables and over all how
> good
> > the conversion is for complex reports and documents.  All they talk
about
> is
> > images.  I sent them an email about a month ago asking for this info and
> got
> > nothing.  I was impressed but not in a good way.  Very thankfull for any
> > specific information.  Maybe the thing to do is just buy the single user
> > version for testing.
> > jim kane

> Jim,

> Months, months ago i downloaded the demo-version, the pdf-converter and
the
> rtf-converter. Not the developers version, just the endusers-version. Some
> endusers asked about this kind of possiblities and i ended up looking for
> converters/drivers. The rtf-coverter worked just well with my reports. I
> just had a look and it's still possible to download a demo version. The
only
> restruction was that it only converts 1 page. Som i don't know about the
> developers vrsion, we mainly use crystal reports. Btw, for pdf conversion,
> also have a look at http://www.fineprint.com.

> Good luck,

> Marc van Roosmalen

> InforIT BV
> www.inforit.nl

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:39:46 GMT

 [ 20 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Converting PDF files to WMF files

2. Convert .wmf to .rtf

3. add multiple WMF-images to 1 WMF-file

4. copy temporary report wmf.file to permanent wmf

5. RTF File Writer ( Was : RTF )

6. How to convert tab delimited file to space delimited file

7. converting ibm jpeg files to mac files

8. Converting Clarion file to .dbf file

9. CCVT programs to convert .bas file to a .dat file

10. convert DAT-files to DBase-files

11. Topspeed - CW2003 File Convert gets File Not Found

12. Converting Turbo Pascal Files to TPS/Clarion Files