Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released
Author Message
 Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released

Hi all,

We have released version 2.0 of our Allerup Report Designer.  This new
version is compatible with both Clarion 4 and Clarion 5 Enterprise and
supports both Clarion and ABC templates.

There are many new features in this new release but there are 4 main
features that make it a great improvement over previous versions

1.  Import existing reports from your applications

This means that applying the Report Designer to existing applications
is much, much easier than previously.  A procedure extension template
applied to the report exports all the information needed to create the
report in the Designer.  The exported file is read into a setup
program which recreates it in the Report Designer.

2.  Variable file names for the databases

In previous version the name of the database was fixed, which caused
problems with network applications and compatability problems with
other third party products.  In addtion to this, the reports are now
stored in two databases, which opens up possibility to have multiple
layout databases for each report, for example in separate directories.

3.  Control and field toolbox window with drag/drop

This toolbox window makes populating a new empty report extremely
easy.  All available datafields are listed in a listbox where they can
be dragged and dropped on the report.  Boxes, lines, images, strings
can also be populated in similar way as in the Report Formatter in
Clarion.  Further more font properties and control alignment can be
changed from the toolbox window.  The toolbox window also has an entry
field where you can type in text for string controls, select image
files for image controls and the format picture (with a picture editor
or selector)for data fields.

4.  Easier translation of the Report Designer

The Setup program now has a translation editor where you can edit the
.ini file that is used for translation.  Runtime translation has been
optimized and now only takes a fraction of the time it took in the
previous version.  Further more windows and controls have been made
approximately 15% wider to accomodate for translation into languages
where words are generally longer than in English.

Allerup Report Designer is supplied as 16 and 32bit dlls as well as 16
and 32bit locally compiled libs to compile into locally compiled exe
files.  Templates are provided for both ABC and Clarion template
chains.  .TXD and .TXA files are provided for quick and easy update of
existing dictionaries (3 files) and applications (1 procedure).

The price of Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 is US$ 299.00.
Upgrade from previous version is US$99.00.  This includes both Clarion
4 and Clarion 5 versions.

If you would like to take a look at a demo program, you can download
it from our web site ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ) or from
Icetips (ftp://ftp.icetips.com/incoming/ARD_Demo.EXE)

For further information, please check out web site

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.*-*-*.com/  ( http://www.*-*-*.com/ )
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released

Arnor,

I have looked at the demo for version 2.  Please can you answer the
following question.

The End user now has the ability to create thier own paper sizes, but
if the default paper size of the report structure within the report
template is A4, does the template automatically change the report
structure to change it to the paper size that is within the report
designer datafile.

Regards,

Kevin.
Zipzap Computer Consultants
UK

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released
Hi Kevin,

Quote:

>The End user now has the ability to create thier own paper sizes, but
>if the default paper size of the report structure within the report
>template is A4, does the template automatically change the report
>structure to change it to the paper size that is within the report
>designer datafile.

No, it does not.  It could cause problems if you for example changed
from A3 to A6 - most of your report would be outside the paper.  How
should it be reformatted?  It could do it when changing to _larger_
paper sizes, but the other way around is not as simple as it sounds;)

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released
Hi all,

Quote:

>If you would like to take a look at a demo program, you can download
>it from our web site (http://www.allerup.com/us-ard.htm) or from
>Icetips (ftp://ftp.icetips.com/incoming/ARD_Demo.EXE)

I have discovered that the link to the demo on our pages doesn't work
because one of the characters isn't upper case (our ISP has changed
the darn server to be case sensitive)  The correct link to the demo
is:

http://www.allerup.com/ARD_Demo.EXE

It is also up on Icetips and Mitten.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com  (http://199.34.26.68)
UIN nr.: 2428601

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Allerup Report Designer, version 2.0 released

Quote:

>No, it does not.  It could cause problems if you for example changed
>from A3 to A6 - most of your report would be outside the paper.  How
>should it be reformatted?  It could do it when changing to _larger_
>paper sizes, but the other way around is not as simple as it sounds;)

Does it do it when the paper size is bigger than the paper size of the
report, thereby I would set my report structure to basically 0 * 0,
and hopefully your template would read the papersize from the report
designer file and make the change to the structure, if not could I
read the file and make the change.

Most of my customers use shipping notes these vary tremendously, some
could be 4 inch high, 6 inch high or whatever, but it's always a
custom paper size.

Regards,

Kevin
Zipzap Computer Consultants
UK

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Allerup Report Designer - New version released

2. Allerup Report Designer released

3. Allerup Report Designer vs Fomin Report Builder

4. Allerup Report Designer?

5. Allerup Report Designer

6. Allerup Report Designer

7. Allerup report designer

8. Allerup Report Designer

9. Allerup Report Designer - update

10. Allerup Report Designer - update

11. Allerup Report Designer

12. New product: Allerup Report Designer