Migrating from Win95 to NT 4.0 
Author Message
 Migrating from Win95 to NT 4.0

CW4.0 -
1) What kind of problems go with migrating from WIn95 to NT 4.0.
2) Is NT4.0 a good system for CW4. 0
3) Can you create your executables on NT4.0 to run on NT4.0, Win95, and - or
Win 3.1

Len Wilder



Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Migrating from Win95 to NT 4.0


Quote:
>1) What kind of problems go with migrating from WIn95 to NT 4.0.

        As for Clarion very few. The only one I have found is
        that the de{*filter*} tooltips will not fit the text that they
        are supposed to show. Otherwise _everything_ works
        a LOT better than in Win95.

        You may have some problems with special hardware
        related software (fax, scanners, various utilities that
        try to play your CD drive directly) and you may lose some
        old games :-(

Quote:
>2) Is NT4.0 a good system for CW4. 0

        Definitely yes. Zero computer hangups and _very_
        few problems with the IDE.

Quote:
>3) Can you create your executables on NT4.0 to run on NT4.0, Win95, and - or
>Win 3.1

        Yes. All in all I would never go back to Win95 after working
        with CW/NT for a few months.

Markku



Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Migrating from Win95 to NT 4.0

Quote:
>CW4.0 -
>1) What kind of problems go with migrating from WIn95 to NT 4.0.

Not really a problem but the IDE hangs seem to go away when migrated to NT4.
The only problem i can recall is i had to manually add the path statement to
the autoexec.nt file.

Quote:
>2) Is NT4.0 a good system for CW4. 0

Most definately .. use it every day

Quote:
>3) Can you create your executables on NT4.0 to run on NT4.0, Win95, and -
or
>Win 3.1

Both 16bit and 32 bit clarion generated executables run under NT4

joe



Thu, 11 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 Migrating from Win95 to NT 4.0

Quote:
>Not really a problem but the IDE hangs seem to go away when migrated to NT4.
>The only problem i can recall is i had to manually add the path statement to
>the autoexec.nt file.

Or via the system option in the control panel. If CW used a 'real'
install program, neither of these manual steps would be necessary.

Quote:
>2) Is NT4.0 a good system for CW4. 0

>Most definately .. use it every day

You bet. Its the only way to fly.


Sat, 13 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Migrating Vax Fortran to Visual 5.0D, NT 4.0

2. DOS Error 55 using 5.2e/exospace/Win95 workstations/NT 4.0 server

3. Win95, NT 4.0 Server, Clipper 5.2e - NEED HELP - URGENT

4. Q: PL1-Compiler for WIN95, 98 or NT 4.0

5. FPS 4.0 on NT or Win95

6. 4.0 Executing only one runtime image in NT 4.0

7. Fuji-Cobol V 4.0 and NT 4.0

8. Configuring PHP 4.0 for Oracle 8i on Win NT 4.0

9. PowerStation 4.0 and NT 4.0 SP3

10. VF 4.0 on Win NT 4.0...

11. GetVolumeInformation and MS FORTRAN PS 4.0 on NT 4.0

12. NT 4.0 and Fortran Powerstation 4.0

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software