Changing field order on form with multiple tabs
Author Message
 Changing field order on form with multiple tabs

C5 generated a tab for each different key of a file in a browse.  I was
suprised last night when I attempted to change the field order for each
tab so that the first field was the field(s) of the key for that tab --
and found that if you change the field order it applies to all tabs.  So
my question is, how do you using different field ordering for each tab?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing field order on form with multiple tabs
Help -> Contents -> How Do I? -> Browseboxes and LISTs ->How to Display the
Sort Field First on a Multi-Key Browse

Best regards,
Brett C. Cammack
Technical Marketing Manager
TopSpeed Corporation

Certified Clarion Developer

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing field order on form with multiple tabs
Hi Michael,

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:37:48 -0800, Michael Earl

Quote:

>C5 generated a tab for each different key of a file in a browse.  I was
>suprised last night when I attempted to change the field order for each
>tab so that the first field was the field(s) of the key for that tab --
>and found that if you change the field order it applies to all tabs.  So
>my question is, how do you using different field ordering for each tab?

The browse is the same for all tabs - i.e. there is only one listbox
control.  The different keys are controlled in the "Actions" tab for
the browse control, where it uses Choice(?CurrentTab) = x in the
"Conditional behaviour" to determine the key to use.  You need to do
the same in the "NewSelection" embed for the sheet control, something
like:

Case Choice(?CurrentTab)
Of 1
  ?List{Prop:Format} = '...'
Of 2
  ?List{Prop:Format} = '...'
  ! Etc for each tab
End

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
[Team Topspeed - Internet Connect]
Allerup Edb
Denmark

Check out Icetips and Icetips Knowledgebase
http://www.icetips.com
UIN nr.: 2428601

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Field Order in Form w/Tabs

2. Dynamically re-order tab on a form

3. How to change the tab order

4. Changing EditFields tab-order?

5. change control tab order at runtime

6. change order for tab...

7. Changing order of TAB controls (2)

8. Changing the order of TABs

9. how to change Tabs order?

10. Changing Tab Order

11. MASKing changes tab order...

12. CW2.0 Cannot change tab order PROBLEM