Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files
Author Message
 Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

I need to export the Clarion .DAT data to ascii comma delimited files. I am
using the Claron Developers kit standard edition for windows version 2.0.
The documentation dosn't cover this subject and Tech support at Top Speed
demands serious cash for answers by phone. I haven't used Clarion before so
a simple step by step procedure would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike Harney
Guardall SMC
Toronto, Canada.

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

Quote:

> I need to export the Clarion .DAT data to ascii comma delimited files. <snip>

Hi Mike,

This is relatively easy to do in CW. Create the Ascii files that you
wish to export to in your data dictionary, for comma delimited files you
should use the Basic file driver. Then in your app, for each export
process that you wish to run, create a Process type procedure. In the
embed: Activity for each Record, put your variable assignment code, ie
ASC:Variable = CLA:DataVariable
etc..
at the end of the assignments save the new Ascii file Record.
ADD(NewAsciiFile)
That should about do it. If you want to create procedures where your
enduser gets to choose what field assignments get made and what files to
import, look at the Impex templates from Steve Mcloughlin of Sterling

compuserve.

HTH

--
Jim Katz
CTO CycleMart.com

Using Clarion for Windows
Always looking for the simpler solution.

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

Hi Jim,

Quote:
>> I need to export the Clarion .DAT data to ascii comma delimited files. <snip>
>Hi Mike,

>This is relatively easy to do in CW. Create the Ascii files that you
>wish to export to in your data dictionary, for comma delimited files you
>should use the Basic file driver. Then in your app, for each export

I can't help but finding this a *little bit* misleading, as even
though csv files are pure ascii files, they are basic files, not ascii
files in the terms of cw file drivers.  They can be created with the
basic driver directly or indirectly with the ascii driver by adding ""
around the field values and append a comma.  For CSV (Comma Separated
Values) files, use the basic driver.

Best regards,

Arnor Baldvinsson
Allerup Edb
Tel: +45 4675 7122
Fax: +45 4675 7144
Denmark

http://www.icetips.com

Opinions are mine, and mine alone!

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

2. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

3. Export from Clarion 2.1 Dat files to ASCII

4. 2.01 Comma delimited ASCII file

5. Clarion *.dat Conversion to ascii delimited format (csv)

6. How to convert tab delimited file to space delimited file

7. how to export ASCII files from .TPS files ?

8. Parsing Comma delimited files in J

9. matching records in a comma delimited file

10. Comma delimited file problem

11. Import comma delimited text file

12. VW code to read comma-delimited text files??