Unable to Browse File in Data Dictionary
Author Message
 Unable to Browse File in Data Dictionary

Hi All,

I seem to have a problem with Browsing 1 file in the Data Dictionary. The
error comes up that the data structure is different than that of the
Dictionary, Do I want to convert the data to the new Format ? I click Yes,
then another message comes up that a field may be OVERed.

I have checked that attribute on all fields, they all have none.

If I delete the file I can browse the file by creating it. Once my
application adds data to the record, I get the problem above. My
application however does not seem to be affected by the problem.

All help greatly appreciated

Kevin

Sun, 04 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Unable to Browse File in Data Dictionary

Some month's ago I had a similar problem.
I then pruchased File manager 2 forme Capesoft to avoid this kine of
problem. the routines adapt your datafiles automatically.
On Icetips you can find a demo  & the address of capesoft.

Hans Vinckier

Quote:

>Hi All,

>I seem to have a problem with Browsing 1 file in the Data Dictionary. The
>error comes up that the data structure is different than that of the
>Dictionary, Do I want to convert the data to the new Format ? I click Yes,
>then another message comes up that a field may be OVERed.

>I have checked that attribute on all fields, they all have none.

>If I delete the file I can browse the file by creating it. Once my
>application adds data to the record, I get the problem above. My
>application however does not seem to be affected by the problem.

>All help greatly appreciated

>Kevin

Tue, 06 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Repost: C5 Dictionary files cannot be browsed/changed etc in C5.5e

2. C5.5: Dictionary and Database File Browse Error?

3. Data Dictionary File Browser

4. Import Clarion data file structure in CW 2.0 dictionary

5. [Fwd: Import Clarion data file structure in CW 2.0 dictionary]

6. 2nd Posting - Problem with Global data in Data Dictionary

7. Export data file row Browse in excel

8. Two data files in one browse?

9. Browsing Data Files in CW2.002

10. CW55 Browse Data File Problem

11. Unable to Locate on the Browse

12. Unable to read dbf file as dbase file