Import from handcoded .clw into .app
Author Message
 Import from handcoded .clw into .app

Hello!
Is it possible to import Clarion code from a handcoded .clw file into an
.app file?

Best regards,
Roar J?ssund

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import from handcoded .clw into .app

To What version Clarion? Is it a handcoaded procedure or program?
David

Quote:

> Hello!
> Is it possible to import Clarion code from a handcoded .clw file into an
> .app file?

> Best regards,
> Roar J?ssund

  silverd.vcf
< 1K Download

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import from handcoded .clw into .app
Heavenes Roar - Yes.
There has been a couple of times that Clarion 4 has eaten a small app and
all I was working on and all I was left with was the *.clw's. What I did was
to create the procedure with the same name and prototype and then copy/paste
the data and code into the definition. A bit time comsuming but it worked.
If you want to import from an old style Clarion generated application into
an ABC application you might want to try the converter.
Hope that Helps,
Roberto Artigas Jr

Quote:
> Hello!
> Is it possible to import Clarion code from a handcoded .clw file into an
> .app file?

> Best regards,
> Roar J?ssund

Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Import from handcoded .clw into .app

Quote:
> Is it possible to import Clarion code from a
> handcoded .clw file into an app file?

Hi, Roar
If you know template programming,
you can do this,

#AT(whatever embed point)
#SET(%ASCIIFile,'yourAsciiFilePathAndName')
#IF(FILEEXISTS(%ASCIIFile))
#OPEN(%ASCIIFile),READ
#LOOP
   #READ(%ASCIIString)

! You can read for conditions here, and
! you can put "triggers" in the hand coded
! file to trigger these conditions when read.
! such as comment line like !Start here, ! End here)
! You can change the contents of %ASCIIString
! if you want, before writing to the new app

   #IF(%ASCIIString = %EOF)
      #BREAK
   #ENDIF
%ASCIIString
#ENDLOOP
#CLOSE(%ASCIIFile),READ
#ENDIF
#ENDAT

You need to #DECLARE the variables.
%ASCIIString will be written into your app
at compile time, but you can see what it
looks like using the embeditor.

HTH
--
Martin Hoddinott
CPD2.1, C4a ABC 32 bit Clarion Filedriver Win95

http://users.iafrica.com/m/mo/motosana/

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Importing files and proceedures from 2 apps to make one app

2. How do I include PRNPROP.CLW in my APP -- C5b ABC

3. How to get a .clw file into a CW App

4. App.CLW has changed...

5. Passing a string from vb to clw app

6. FixTxaTxd -- Now an APP not just CLW\PRJ (15K attachment)

7. CLW => App

8. Keycodes.clw and Equates.clw

9. WinAPI.CLW (WinEQU.CLW) Bug on WORD EQUATE (SIGNED)

10. import Image vs from PIL import Image vs import PIL.Image

11. I want to import to my app from a spreasheet

12. problem importing procedures from another app.