Messages into Clarion
Author Message
 Messages into Clarion

Hi Everyone:

In my app I need to send messages and request from one station
(Point of Sale 1) to other specific station(werehouse). If second
station's user(werehouse) is into other application the request
must open a browse window (finding goods and sending to POS1) then
answering this request. Like e-mail functions

Of course, there are shareware and freeware whose do that, but
under Clarion.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

Jerry G.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion
Jerry,

Quote:
>>Any ideas?

RemFlash is a Clarion template that will let you send messages
to other workstations - and if the other station's app is minimized
it will be brought to the top - with an optional audible alarm.

have a look at the demo on:

http://www.sterlingdata.com/remf.htm

Hope this helps,

Mike
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion
Someone (CapeSoft - I think) produces a NET-TALK or simlar.

How about using a TIMER to see if a file ie. *.msg exists in a
particular folder every MINUTE or 2, 3... mins interval. {basically how
E-mail systems tend to work uisng random file names...).

You app could use a USERNAME folder - 1 for each user. Or it could be a
simple TPS file (record flagged or deleted when completed).

You can then bring up a form displaying a message with a buttons for
reply, delete, close etc.

I always build this into practically ALL my applications...(just had a
look at a 1989 programme... by gumm it was cude ...but effective)...
even before Windows & E-Mail - ie. each time a common menu routine was
called...

For 'Wharehouse' type environment users find this essential, saves a lot
of leg work

Great way for users to communicate.... also comes in handy to tell uses
to get off for maintenance work

Quote:

> Hi Everyone:

> In my app I need to send messages and request from one station
> (Point of Sale 1) to other specific station(werehouse). If second
> station's user(werehouse) is into other application the request
> must open a browse window (finding goods and sending to POS1) then
> answering this request. Like e-mail functions

> Of course, there are shareware and freeware whose do that, but
> under Clarion.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks in Advance.

> Jerry G.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion
Hi Mike,

A quick question - which I think your opening screen answered - Msg's are
directed to an individual workstation and not everyone on the lan, unless
you are the administrator which I think I understood correctly.

Can you send the same msg to maybe 2 or 3 workstations.

Nice Demo

Don Harvey
www.moark.com

Quote:
> Jerry,

> >>Any ideas?

> RemFlash is a Clarion template that will let you send messages
> to other workstations - and if the other station's app is minimized
> it will be brought to the top - with an optional audible alarm.

> have a look at the demo on:

> http://www.sterlingdata.com/remf.htm

> Hope this helps,

> Mike
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com
> *** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
> *** RemFlash - Reminders/Messages **** BackFlash data backup module
> *** CopyFlash *** LogFlash

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion
Don,

Quote:
>>Msg's are

directed to an individual workstation and not everyone on the lan,

That's correct.  But I think it would be a nice addition to the next
release if recipients could be set in a tag list.  That would be handy
also for "broadcast" msgs to everyone - such as when the sysadmin
wants everyone off the network :)

Mike
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For more information on these visit http://www.sterlingdata.com
*** SearchFlash - Search Templates  *** IMPEX import/export templates
*** RemFlash - Reminders/Messages **** BackFlash data backup module
*** CopyFlash *** LogFlash

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion
Mike:

Quote:
> Don,

> >>Msg's are
> directed to an individual workstation and not everyone on the lan,

 That's correct.  But I think it would be a nice addition to the next
 release if recipients could be set in a tag list.  That would be handy
 also for "broadcast" msgs to everyone - such as when the sysadmin
 wants everyone off the network :)

Quote:

> Mike
> --

Even better, if you can add to the next release 'write-voice'
translator.

Jerry G.
-------

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Messages into Clarion

Quote:
> Someone (CapeSoft - I think) produces a NET-TALK or simlar.

> How about using a TIMER to see if a file ie. *.msg exists in a
> particular folder every MINUTE or 2, 3... mins interval. {basically
how
> E-mail systems tend to work uisng random file names...).

> You app could use a USERNAME folder - 1 for each user. Or it could be
> simple TPS file (record flagged or deleted when completed).

> You can then bring up a form displaying a message with a buttons for
> reply, delete, close etc.

> I always build this into practically ALL my applications...(just had a
> look at a 1989 programme... by gumm it was cude ...but effective)...
> even before Windows & E-Mail - ie. each time a common menu routine was
> called...

> For 'Wharehouse' type environment users find this essential, saves a
lot
> of leg work

> Great way for users to communicate.... also comes in handy to tell
uses
> to get off for maintenance work

Thanks Bharat:

I thinked some similar like you. Thats comfirm the right way.

Jerry G.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Gpf message in Clarion 5 apps

2. Getting DOS Programs messages in Clarion

3. SMS messaging from Clarion

4. Sorry about message 'Clarion novice' - wrong e-mail address

5. How to mapp clarion message to my message procedure

6. Message for UK Clarion Developers

7. Send message to Novell clients from clarion app.

8. Archive of old comp.lang.clarion messages

9. How to change clarion 4 ABC template error messages

10. How can clarion send an email message

11. Research of Clarion market (please read this message !!!)

12. Clarion Foundry error message ??