'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File
Author Message
 'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File

To solve an urgent need for a customer I've written a small program
in 55pe to do some printing jobs. All work fine. However, the original
main file contain 3 incomplete enteries that are impossible to remove.
The problem is that these enteries are garbeling the printer instructions
making it impossible to print a report from this file. Test with dummy
file works fine. How do I get rid of these enteries? Bright ideas are
most urgently welcomed!
Gunnar

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 03:52:54 GMT
 'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File
Gunnar,

JAT but couldn't you programmatically skip the first three records?

Al

Quote:

> To solve an urgent need for a customer I've written a small program
> in 55pe to do some printing jobs. All work fine. However, the original
> main file contain 3 incomplete enteries that are impossible to remove.
> The problem is that these enteries are garbeling the printer instructions
> making it impossible to print a report from this file. Test with dummy
> file works fine. How do I get rid of these enteries? Bright ideas are
> most urgently welcomed!
> Gunnar

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 04:34:20 GMT
 'Bug' in a Clarion *.DAT File
Hello Gunnar,

Do you have the CSCN.exe of Clarion 2.1 with which you can scan and
delete the corrupted records?

Regards,

Kerry McNally

On Wed, 2 May 2001 21:52:54 +0200, "Gunnar Saxhaug"

Quote:

>To solve an urgent need for a customer I've written a small program
>in 55pe to do some printing jobs. All work fine. However, the original
>main file contain 3 incomplete enteries that are impossible to remove.
>The problem is that these enteries are garbeling the printer instructions
>making it impossible to print a report from this file. Test with dummy
>file works fine. How do I get rid of these enteries? Bright ideas are
>most urgently welcomed!
>Gunnar

Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:39:47 GMT

1. Converting .DAT's to text files using CCVT

2. 'No Clarion File'-error reiading Clipperfile

3. .DAT file can't be read under Netware

4. i want any reonardo's license.dat file

5. Bug in the class 'File'???

6. bug in 'file join'

7. Bug in 'file readable'

8. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

9. Export Clarion .DAT files to ASCII comma delimited files

10. Exporting Clarion DAT file to ASCII(Text)File

11. stream('file','c','seek ='x) problem

12. conversion utility to convert DOS clarion .dat file to .dbf