ERROR 48 - what's the cause?
Author Message
 ERROR 48 - what's the cause?

Can someone tell me what causes this error?  I have an alias file that has
something to do with it but I don't think I've done anything unusual.  Why
am I suffering?

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ERROR 48 - what's the cause?
Kingsley,
    A transaction logout or pre-image file cannot be written to disk. This
usually occurs because no disk space is available, or the user does not have
the proper network rights. (Cut from CWA by Carl Barnes, would not leave
home without it)

HTH

Bill Rollins

Quote:
> Can someone tell me what causes this error?  I have an alias file that has
> something to do with it but I don't think I've done anything unusual.  Why
> am I suffering?

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ERROR 48 - what's the cause?
With all respect to Mr. Barnes, this problem goes away when I remove the
Alias.

Quote:
> Can someone tell me what causes this error?  I have an alias file that has
> something to do with it but I don't think I've done anything unusual.  Why
> am I suffering?

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ERROR 48 - what's the cause?
Quote:

> Can someone tell me what causes this error?  I have an alias file that has
> something to do with it but I don't think I've done anything unusual.  Why
> am I suffering?

You cant have a file and its alias in the same transaction frame. Say in
your dct you have a parent file p which a child file c and ac is an alias of
c.  If you have a relation between p->c and p->ac then the logout for p and
c files will include p, c, ac.  Just delete the relation between p and ac in
the dict and all your problems go away.
Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
Productive Software Solutions
Can't Find that Message?
Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
www.fkeeps.com

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 ERROR 48 - what's the cause?
Thanks, Jim.  Lucid as always.  That seems to defeat the purpose of the
ALIAS in many instances.  So I just hand coded the file integrity.

Quote:

> > Can someone tell me what causes this error?  I have an alias file that
has
> > something to do with it but I don't think I've done anything unusual.
Why
> > am I suffering?

> You cant have a file and its alias in the same transaction frame. Say in
> your dct you have a parent file p which a child file c and ac is an alias
of
> c.  If you have a relation between p->c and p->ac then the logout for p
and
> c files will include p, c, ac.  Just delete the relation between p and ac
in
> the dict and all your problems go away.
> Jim Kane  - TeamTopSpeed
> Productive Software Solutions
> Can't Find that Message?
> Get Organized, Get ForKeeps!
> www.fkeeps.com

Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. What Causes Error 48-Unable To Log Transaction

2. Error(35) & Error(48)

3. Error 48: Unable to Log Transaction

4. Transaction Error 48 with dbase file

5. Error 48

6. Error 48

7. Error 48 with dbf files ?

8. Topspeed: Error 48

9. Error 48 - Is my log transaction coding ok?

10. Transaction framing error 48 ??

11. Help !!! Error - Unable to log Transaction (48)

12. HELP: Error 48 in a TPS LOGOUT (Transaction begin)