What's with TS Marketing
Author Message
 What's with TS Marketing

Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my personal
copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price given. I
got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing

I called the 800 number. Heres the story. C5pe to c5ee is 799 including the
training cd. To go c5.5 PE is also 799 but to go to c5.5ee is 1495 no discount
and ? training cd. Te discount is $200 off the regular price and the training cd
for free if bundled.
David

Quote:

> Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
> C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my personal
> copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price given. I
> got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
> great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
> company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Next thing you know, TopSpeed will be selling Clarion on EBay.

Quote:
> Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
> C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my
personal
> copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price given.
> got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
> great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
> company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Nick,

Read your license agreement. If you are using the work copy 80% of the
time or more, you get to use it at home for free.

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Nick,

Do not ask the price. That is childish and
just shows all the world how poor you are,
and how little you value the best RAD there is.
Just order the product, no matter how beta
it is, and just pay the price, whatever is billed.
That is the the way a good clarionist does it.

Best reegards
Ola Pedersen

Quote:

>Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
>C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my personal
>copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price given.
>got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
>decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
>great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
>Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
>company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
>Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing

Quote:

>I called the 800 number. Heres the story. C5pe to c5ee is 799 including the
>training cd. To go c5.5 PE is also 799 but to go to c5.5ee is 1495 no discount
>and ? training cd. Te discount is $200 off the regular price and the training cd
>for free if bundled.

How about C5EE => C55EE?

Regards,

M. Allen - C{*filter*}Springs, FL

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
To ask the price in your opinion may be childish, but not to would just be
plain dumb. Have you ever handed out a signed blank cheque to anyone?
Cheers,
Nick

Quote:
> Nick,

> Do not ask the price. That is childish and
> just shows all the world how poor you are,
> and how little you value the best RAD there is.
> Just order the product, no matter how beta
> it is, and just pay the price, whatever is billed.
> That is the the way a good clarionist does it.

> Best reegards
> Ola Pedersen

> >Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
> >C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my
personal
> >copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price
given.
> >got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> >decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
> >great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> >Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
> >company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> >Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing

Its not a question of whether or not I can afford it, its whether I want to
spend the extra money to buy something I dont need. At the moment I have no need
for the tools but may need it sometime in the future. Is it a wise investment to
pay 1400 to upgrade to c55 now and not install it and let it sit on a shelf
because I dont want to{*filter*}up the apps Im presently working on in c5b? I truly
dont need it now however if the price was right I would buy it and let it sit on
a shelf.
David

Quote:

> To ask the price in your opinion may be childish, but not to would just be
> plain dumb. Have you ever handed out a signed blank cheque to anyone?
> Cheers,
> Nick

> > Nick,

> > Do not ask the price. That is childish and
> > just shows all the world how poor you are,
> > and how little you value the best RAD there is.
> > Just order the product, no matter how beta
> > it is, and just pay the price, whatever is billed.
> > That is the the way a good clarionist does it.

> > Best reegards
> > Ola Pedersen

> > >Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
> > >C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my
> personal
> > >copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price
> given.
> > >got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> > >decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
> > >great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> > >Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
> > >company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> > >Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing

Quote:

> To ask the price in your opinion may be childish, but not to would just be
> plain dumb. Have you ever handed out a signed blank cheque to anyone?

I think he was kidding

---
Mark Riffey
Granite Bear Development
http://www.granitebear.com

Software for professional photography studios
and non-profit organizations

Tue, 27 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Do I detect a not of sarcasm, Ola?  It's always a hard decision to play or
fold, and I have to agree with you that I haven't been as productive in
almost 10 years as I was with CPD.  On the other hand, I learned alot about
database design from Clarion for DOS 3 (although I didn't deploy many apps
and sure wish DAB could have published his "Propitious Memory Corruption"
article five or six years earlier).  If I hadn't just bought into beta 1 of
CW5.5 before I read the Windev brochure, I may have thrown $1000 in another
direction.  But I can't say I'm overwhelmed by the reports to date.

On the other hand, I firmly believe that RAD had to wait in the winds for
OOP to do it's thing over the last five years and that we've about to see a
"RAD Renaissance".

Hold or fold is always the question.

John

Quote:
> Nick,

> Do not ask the price. That is childish and
> just shows all the world how poor you are,
> and how little you value the best RAD there is.
> Just order the product, no matter how beta
> it is, and just pay the price, whatever is billed.
> That is the the way a good clarionist does it.

> Best reegards
> Ola Pedersen

> >Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade to
> >C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my
personal
> >copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price
given.
> >got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> >decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is this
> >great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> >Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more profession
> >company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> >Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
You know, I just bought Visual J++ Professional 6.0 for $25 on eBay.
Microsoft isn't really saying what it intends to do with it's Java effort
(and probably legally can't) but my uninformed guess is that there's way too
much invested in it for MS to let it die.  I'm not sure, though, that an
eBay evaluation of developer tools isn't as good as any other.  (Clarion can
almost always fetch $100, but you rarely see it offered.).  But then, it all
becomes a question of volume, which is sort of what a market economy is all
about.
John

Quote:
> Next thing you know, TopSpeed will be selling Clarion on EBay.

> > Yesterday I received an email from TS offering a great deal to upgrade
> > C55. I've already have C55web at work so I asked how much to ug my
> personal
> > copy C4 to C55. After 5 quick back and forth emails, still no price
given.
> > got frustratedtrying to get a simple price out of them and I guess they
> > decided not reply to any more of my simple questions of "How much is
this
> > great deal going to cost me?. They initiated the conversation?
> > Note to TS. Get a real marketing team or farm it out to a more
profession
> > company. Seems the hole your digging is getting deeper.
> > Nick, wondering in Vancouver.

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
What, me kidding?:-))

Ola

Mark Riffey wrote

Quote:
>I think he was kidding

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
John,

You may be able to detect just a little bit
of sarcasm ( :-))

I am also not overwhelmed by CW's report
capabilities, but you may be referring to
reports of Windev's features, capabilities
and bugs.

Just where are such reports? I haven't seen any.
I have seen somebody shouting something
like W**D** IS SH**, DON'T BUY IT!
or
"...it had a dongle, so I returned it..."
or something based on patriotic feelings
-- but I really wouldnt call them "reports".

However, internet is a big net, and although
I have tried to find these reports, I have not
been that lucky. I have only seen some promises
to make such reports. Have you really seen any
decent reports on WinDev in English?

Best regards
Ola Pedersen

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Ola,
No, I really haven't seen any reports of Windev's capabilities.  Like you
say, negative fragments here and there but nothing comprehensive.  I guess
that's what's starting to bother me.  Obviously, Windev's claims of a
one-week learning curve are a little exaggerated, or some of the early
experimenters would have had more success to report by now.  I'm still
keeping an eye on it, though, and may need to dust off my college French.
John

Quote:
> John,

> You may be able to detect just a little bit
> of sarcasm ( :-))

> I am also not overwhelmed by CW's report
> capabilities, but you may be referring to
> reports of Windev's features, capabilities
> and bugs.

> Just where are such reports? I haven't seen any.
> I have seen somebody shouting something
> like W**D** IS SH**, DON'T BUY IT!
> or
> "...it had a dongle, so I returned it..."
> or something based on patriotic feelings
> -- but I really wouldnt call them "reports".

> However, internet is a big net, and although
> I have tried to find these reports, I have not
> been that lucky. I have only seen some promises
> to make such reports. Have you really seen any
> decent reports on WinDev in English?

> Best regards
> Ola Pedersen

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
John,

Quote:

>No, I really haven't seen any reports of Windev's capabilities.  Like you
>say, negative fragments here and there but nothing comprehensive.  I guess
>that's what's starting to bother me.  Obviously, Windev's claims of a
>one-week learning curve are a little exaggerated,

Depends on what you want to achieve during the first week.
I'll feel lycky, if I'll manage to wade through the tutorial in
that time. I have had it up and running continuously for about
36 hours now, since I got the dongle working (my goofing...).
No tilts. Done a couple of windows, but no data file
managing yet.
Let's see if it is still standing -- click -- yes it is.
Next I'll learn how to make tabs to a window.

Quote:
>or some of the early
>experimenters would have had more success to report by now.  I'm still
>keeping an eye on it, though, and may need to dust off my college French.

Lycky you. I ain't so lycky as to be able to parlez French.

Ola

Wed, 28 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

 [ 17 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Timesaver error: Unknown Variable '%TS'

2. Top Ten Consultants' DON'Ts

3. Top Ten Consultants' DON'Ts

4. Ts 3.1 src in Ts 1.17

5. SQL Does and Don'ts

6. Where is Apple's Marketing??

7. Estimating Intel's share of Fortran market

8. Fortran's Market Share

9. Object-oriented success in today's market, a case study

10. Test and Set (TS) vs Compare and Swap (CS)

11. Quad TS

12. Quad-TS survey