What's with TS Marketing
Author Message
 What's with TS Marketing

My opinion
WINDEV as many users in french-speacking countries, but not yet in
other countries. I think it's because English version is 4 or 5 month-
old only.

After one week, you can program with WINDEV
But I think it takes 2 or 3 weeks to completely "understand" the
product, and all components.

WINDEV is a good product, with free tech support, free efficient DBMS.
The only main objection is: it as a dongle.
Nobody's perfect

Thedev

Quote:
> Ola,
> No, I really haven't seen any reports of Windev's capabilities.  Like
you
> say, negative fragments here and there but nothing comprehensive.  I
guess
> that's what's starting to bother me.  Obviously, Windev's claims of a
> one-week learning curve are a little exaggerated, or some of the early
> experimenters would have had more success to report by now.  I'm still
> keeping an eye on it, though, and may need to dust off my college
French.
> John

> > John,

> > You may be able to detect just a little bit
> > of sarcasm ( :-))

> > I am also not overwhelmed by CW's report
> > capabilities, but you may be referring to
> > reports of Windev's features, capabilities
> > and bugs.

> > Just where are such reports? I haven't seen any.
> > I have seen somebody shouting something
> > like W**D** IS SH**, DON'T BUY IT!
> > or
> > "...it had a dongle, so I returned it..."
> > or something based on patriotic feelings
> > -- but I really wouldnt call them "reports".

> > However, internet is a big net, and although
> > I have tried to find these reports, I have not
> > been that lucky. I have only seen some promises
> > to make such reports. Have you really seen any
> > decent reports on WinDev in English?

> > Best regards
> > Ola Pedersen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 What's with TS Marketing
Are there any good demo or shareware programs out there written in WinDev?
Even in French?  i'd really like to install something from scratch, without
the development environment, as see how it runs.  I'm particularly curious
about how good the database actually is.

Is most of the work in WinDev actually done with the language or with
existing controls?  In some ways it seems like a 4GL front end for C++.  And
what about the OOP capabilities?  And the COM support?  (The brochure said
that a C++ compiler and knowledge of C++ were required to use the COM
example.  Why is that?

Lots of questions.

John

Quote: