PC Inactivity - Locking System?
Author Message
 PC Inactivity - Locking System?

Hi All (C5.5ABC)

I want to implement a system locking mechanism after a period of inactivity,
a bit like I have seen on Windows NT, where if the workstation (or in this
case the system) has been inactive for x minutes then a screen pops up
saying that the system is locked until either unlocked by the user logged in
(by keying in password) or by a new user logging in.  I thought I could use
the IDLE procedure as I thought it only kicked in while the PC was idle -
but not so.

--
Edwin Hannan

---

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:43:09 GMT
 PC Inactivity - Locking System?
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:43:09 -0000, "Edwin Hannan"

Quote:

>I want to implement a system locking mechanism after a period of inactivity,

Check out the Limiter templates (http://www.boxsoftdevelopment.com/)

Regards,
Geoff Stevens

Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:01:37 GMT
 PC Inactivity - Locking System?
hi edwin,

take a look at USF (Undocumented Shell Functions). Demo and info at...

http://www.ialchemy.com/developerTools/_usf.shtml

regards,
-pratik

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:32:18 GMT
 PC Inactivity - Locking System?
Geoff, Pratik

Thaks

Ed

--
Edwin Hannan

Quote:
> Hi All (C5.5ABC)

> I want to implement a system locking mechanism after a period of
inactivity,
> a bit like I have seen on Windows NT, where if the workstation (or in this
> case the system) has been inactive for x minutes then a screen pops up
> saying that the system is locked until either unlocked by the user logged
in
> (by keying in password) or by a new user logging in.  I thought I could
use
> the IDLE procedure as I thought it only kicked in while the PC was idle -
> but not so.

> --
> Edwin Hannan

> ---

---

Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:38:09 GMT

1. num lock, caps lock, scroll lock lights

2. PC locks up during printing

3. COMMIT causing PC to lock up

4. COMMIT locks up the PC???

5. Clipper 5.2c, Windows95 Programs Locking PC up

6. PC keeps locking up

7. PC locking up when running programs created in Labview 6i

8. How to lock up your PC with a Digitalk PARTS app

9. system locking up.. please help

10. Window Formatter Locks System

11. Test Program Locks Up System

12. system locks